My Philosophy....

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Yo, i get so sick and tired of reading the same old love poems. Love is great, i love love, but when it comes to poetry...i want new ideas and strong powerful notions on life. And so i'd like anyone who feels their poetry is mixed with intense philosophy to post a message here in the hope i might find some others like myself...

Big shout out tot Leslie Halasz...who poetry is just the ticket.....

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

yep, i write those kids of love poems as well as out of the ordinary ones. but i feel like i can't do love poems that have 'new ideas and strong powerful notions on life' because i haven't experienced love yet. i know about family love but it's just... oh well. anyways, i am always looking for those kinds of poems so keep me updated!! plz....

anyways, i especially love this poem written by a particular poet (whose name escapes me). i'm pretty sure the title of the poem is 'valentine' and it's really creative and great.

• Aken Sol
    19 years ago

;-)

Aken Sol

• AGirlWorthFightingFor
    19 years ago

"JiGSaW lIFe" is the one poem I have that isn't about relationships in some way. I wasn't so much tired of writing about "love" but I did want to try out non-rhyming verse.

"jigsaw" is what I got. It basically charts the evolution of my philosophy, with a cute metaphore.

I tend to wax philosophic in all my poems though.

• FTS Miles
    19 years ago

I don't necessarily think my poetry is ripe with philosophy; I too have a billion cheesy love poems in my repertoire (that might be too kind a word for most of it).

But two things that definitely affects a great deal of my poetry are my belief in reincarnation and some intensely metaphysical experiences in my life. I suppose both even invest my sappier poetry in odd ways at times.

• ~*^*~ longing to belong ~*^*~
    19 years ago

Matty, i'm sorry, i'd have to dissagree with you:

Sometimes it's better to have to think about what you are writing, it comes out much better. Although, I agree that if you have to think hard for an idea then it is likely to not to be as good as something that just pops into your head and has time to develope whilst you are bored out of your brains in a maths or science lesson.

Ok, so maybe I do almost agree with you, i dont know......confused now....ok i'm going before i make myself look stupid

• FTS Miles
    19 years ago

You made sense... don't worry. Thought definitely can help... sometimes you have the inspiration, or simply a concept, and must wade your way through getting out exactly what you want to say without it pouring out.

As a teen, I think one of the best things my mother did for me as a poet was to question why I always was writing love poems. She challenged me to write a poem on another theme... which I ultimately fashioned with more than a little thought. Not saying it was a good poem ('Erin Go Bragh') but it was an instructive exercise.

So thought can definitely be effective.

• FTS Miles
    19 years ago

Ouch... what an invective! Did you really get that upset just because I disagreed with you about Blood Red Tears' comments? Wow... that's so sweet! I just didn't know you cared that much about what I think! ;)

BTW, to answer at least some questions... the "F" stands for Frank. And no... haven't lived with my mother for many many years.

And to remind you of what I said previously: "As a teen, I think one of the best things my mother did for me as a poet was to question why I always was writing love poems." Stress the "teen" part of the sentence.

But I'm actually thankful to have had a mother that cared enough to take the time to critique my poetry. I could only hope that more people's parents supported them in similar fashion, especially during their teen years.

• kanisha
    19 years ago

theres a new called life happens not about love

• kanisha
    19 years ago

life happens