spell check

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

you don't have to KEEP it in explicit or slang, Matt... (unless the new server is set up different than the old...I haven't checked it out, so my apologies if it won't let you change it immediately after posting it)

[Edited after original posting by author]
    My sincerest apologies, Matt, it seems that is something that was added on the new server... and yes, I agree, it should be done away with. People should spell check the poems on their own...but we should not be bound by a spell checker on here.

• Aymon F
    19 years ago

Yeah thats what im a fraid of. I hate those completely misspelled poems. Ask charlotte. shell tell you. i nagged her incessantly to spell correctly, and finally she did. The spell check is crippling to say the least, but there should be some kind of filter, or maybe just an admin looking at those "WuD U dO a FaVoR" poems that arent in the slang section, and nag the autor to fix up the spelling

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

yep, i absolutely despise those kinds of things...

• SilentAngel
    19 years ago

Janis,
    My main consern with the spell check is its inconsistancy. But with all technology thats very tipical. I dont know much about your setup but what I would suggest if this is a possiblility is to modify the filter so that only certian words are blocked. I do spell check my poetry before I submit and I had problems because of too many misspelled words. With blocking certian words and letting some misspellings go through this might help lower the inconviences that the users are having. If need be I would be more than happy to do some research to help remedy this problem. I have some experience with website design and maintenance and would be glad to be of any assistance needed.

Sincerely
    Dani