how you start

• lil swimmer
    17 years ago

how do you make your poems up? what i do is keep a daily journal and to challenge myself i make up poems for what happened that day.tell me how you do it.

• Normal is the Watchword
    17 years ago

I don't think about it. I don't pay attention. Before I know it I have a poem written. I don't try. I;ve stopped wanting to try to force a poem.

• Ed or Ian Henderson
    17 years ago

When the inspiration hits me, I know it's time to sit down and think about the subject in more depth. Sometimes I'll just get a line in my head, or sometimes just a word, and the whole thing grows from there. A good example of this would be my poem "Soulwound", which was a result of thinking about a mate's tattoo, which was a heart with a thorned rose wrapped around it. I liked the ambiguity of the symbolism, and the poem was born. Some people don't get it though, as though "wound" can only be pronounced one way.

• Carezza
    17 years ago

I take a few minuets and think. gather my thoughts and put them all together and see what I made

• Lauren Waszkiewicz
    17 years ago

ifi get an idea. i will sit writing non stop untill i get something 'sutible' if it isnt good for me. ill trash it. or ill leave it for awhile(a week or 3(lol)) and get back to it. also, when i type it onhere i often change alot. haha

• Carezza
    17 years ago

see I like that you are exploring you talent

• Romancing the Darker Side
    17 years ago

I just write one when inspiration comes, usually at about 2 a.m. lol. I don't really like rhyming that much, so I think I write better when I'm extremely tired. Then I'll usually start off with a few lines, and the whole menaing of the poem usually changes at least twice by the end of it.

• Jen
    17 years ago

mine just appear like rhymes in my head, and i carry them on, but they are mainly inspired by things that are happening around me.

• Sandra D
    17 years ago

i always end up thinking about rhymes and stuff all dy, so whenever i think of something, i write it down on whatever i can get my hands on.

Forever♥Yours

• donna
    17 years ago

I don't make my poems up... I don't really need to think about them, they just come to me and I write them down... Needless to say some are bad because I don't think, but they all come from my heart and all mean something to me.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

i just write. Whatever is on my mind, i am unaware of because after i write each poem, i am kinda surprised.

• Hatori
    17 years ago

I get angry. I can write when I'm angry, (I don't go around making people angry with me)

• Gauraw Patil
    17 years ago

I write only when something comes to my mind... Or whenever I see the girl I love...

• adelinaxx
    16 years ago

Completely random, whatever i feel

• ABake
    16 years ago

I don't really focus my poetry on my days events. I would rather say I focus them on the way I felt that day or whatever my heart is feeling. If I just got into a fight with my bestfriend I write about that. Or maybe something in that past is bothering me. Or sometimes I just write random thoughts, or feelings that just suddenly come over me. No specific thing or feeling. I just let my mind come up with the work and my hand do the writing...or typing...lol.
    =]
    --Amber--

• Nick who Plays Pool
    16 years ago

I write as it comes to mind and go back to revise anything I might need to.

• RavishingEruption
    16 years ago

I just listen for random phrases and such. I can get an idea from something as simple as a candy or as complex as the meaning of a song. It just kinda flows over me. I also keep a journal to carry around in case I see something that I really need to write about.

• bRiNgMeToLiFe
    16 years ago

It just comes to me...some days i dont have any and other days i could write on and on...wierd..

• Fluffy
    16 years ago

I tend to have a particularly profound thought encircling my mind, and the first couple of things I get down on paper are often very emotive, thematic and atmospheric words. I play around with them a little and then dive straight into the piece. But when I'm writing the poem, I'm not necessarily taking the structure into account at first. It's the words that possess the most meaning.

• Broken Saint
    16 years ago

A verse enters my mind followed by th mood of the poem..
    i write it down.. then just continue it when inspiration hits me..

• Mandy
    16 years ago

I dont really think about what im going to write. i just let the first few lines come to me. and then i write from there.

-Mandy