Phone Solicitors

• Casey
    19 years ago

I hate those people! once someone called and then i hung up and he actually called back thinking we got disconnected! but hte funniest thing I ever said was when someone called asking me to vote for... lets call him steve hopkins. and i said

"Wait... wait... wait a minute... I fell for this one before. If you see this Steve guy, will you tell him that i don't care what he says, it is his baby!" and yeah it was funny, whats the funniest thing you've ever done to a phone solicitor?

• Jackie Bilson
    19 years ago

LOL, I'm way too shy to say get lost to these people. i feel so sorry for them! :) i don't know i guess they're the one type of people i should be able to be mean to without feeling bad right? :)

• Casey
    19 years ago

lol my neighbor's house burnt down a year or 2 ago and they'd call where seh was staying asking if she wanted her carpets cleaned, and she'd start pretending to bawl and cry and she'd be like "I'd love to have you clean my carpets, but my house burnt down and im living on dirt floors!" funny ha ha

• Ten Feet Tall
    19 years ago

ok and here's the story...

well so we were called once, i dont know what it was for, but i told him "my parents weren't home but i'm sure they aren't interested." well he gets all cocky on me and starts saying stuff like i can't make up the mind of my parents and stuff. and then he asked when he should try again. i told him never. he asked if they would be home later, i said no. so asked me who was going to make supper for me if i was going to starve. i said i would starve. so then i hang up on him after he says he'll call back in a few hours.
    so a few minutes later they call back but my brother answers and tells them that our parents have moved to Hawaii and left us to fend for oursleves and then hangs up.

maybe this isn't as funny for you guys as it was for me, but i just LOVE giving those people a lot of crap...it's so fun!

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

hahahahaha Keri!!!!

• cassssey
    19 years ago

haha these are funny!

My friend answered the phone once and told them that her parents were to drunk to come to the phone at the moment! It was funny.

• Sarah
    19 years ago

Oh man, Keri. That 'on hold' and singing opera really loudly and obnoxiously-- that's just classic. Everyone should do that all the time.

• Jacki
    19 years ago

All you have to do is tell them that you're on the "no-call-list" its against the law to be calling, to ask to speak to a manager. This does not only get them introuble but they stop calling. Even if its a lie, they don't want to take the chance.

• Angel of Broken Dreams
    19 years ago

Usually I pretend to be really stupid and get them to explain everything really slowly.
    Sometimes I pretend to be slightly death and get them to speak really loudly. The 'on hold music' is a classic.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

City Circumcision - You Flop Em We Chop Em...

• Lola Granny
    19 years ago

answer phone empty arms hotel