Lover/Wife/Assassin/Boatman/Husband Game

• PygmyPuff
    17 years ago

**Read This short passage:

There is a river with a bridge over it, and a WIFE and her HUSBAND live in a house on one side. The WIFE has a LOVER who lives on the other side. The only way to get across the river is to walk across the bridge or ask the BOATMAN to take you.

The HUSBAND has to go on an overnight business trip in a faraway town.. The WIFE pleads with him to take her with him. She knows if he doesn't she'll be unfaithful to him. The HUSBAND absolutely refuses to take her because she will only be in the way of his important business. So the husband goes alone.

That night the WIFE goes over the bridge & stays with her LOVER. Dawn is almost up when the WIFE leaves because she must be back home before her HUSBAND returns. She starts across the bridge but sees an ASSASSIN waiting for her on the other side. She knows if she tries to cross, he will murder her. In terror, she runs up the side of the river and asks the BOATMAN to take her across the river, but he wants half-a-crown. She has no money, so he refuses to take her.

The WIFE runs back to the LOVER'S house & explains her predicament and asks him for the half-a-crown to pay the BOATMAN. The LOVER refuses, telling her it's her own fault for getting into this situation. As dawn comes up the WIFE is nearly out of her mind & decides to dash across the bridge. When she comes face to face with the ASSASSIN, he takes a large knife and stabs her until she is dead.

**Now give the names of the five characters in the order in which you think they were most responsible for the WIFE'S death. ie The WIFE, HUSBAND, LOVER, ASSASSIN, & BOATMAN in the order you think they are most guilty.

**Each person symbolizing something. It represents what is important to you. Here is what they stand for.
    LOVER = SEX
    WIFE = FUN (fun could also mean contentment)
    ASSASSIN = MONEY
    BOATMAN = MAGIC (magic could also mean luck)
    HUSBAND = LOVE

Post who you think is to blame, and if you agree with what it says about you.

• donna
    17 years ago

wife
    lover
    boatman
    assassin
    husband

the importance I don't agree with... if it was in order of importance to me it would have been

wife
    husband
    boatman
    assassin
    lover

• veeda
    17 years ago

Hey...I heard of this game from a book that I read...Idk..."The Pigman"..Yea haha..hmm

• xXxAngelEyes007xXx
    17 years ago

husband
    wife
    Assasin
    Boatman
    Lover

• limp
    17 years ago

i think they were all partially responsible because all small things can lead upto something big but yeah mainly the wife; what goes around comes around.

• silvershoes
    17 years ago

Husband
    Assassin
    Wife
    Lover
    Boatman

• PygmyPuff
    17 years ago

yeah I read it in The Pigman as a Freshman and found it on the internet with cool questions and stuff so i posted it here

Its cool to see how people reply

[PygmyPuff]

• xfAdInGxaWaYx
    17 years ago

wife
    boatman
    lover
    assassin
    husband

• Dacey Flame
    17 years ago

Wife
    Loser..sorrry, I meant Lover
    Assassin
    Boatman
    Husband

• silvershoes
    17 years ago

Think about this guys...who hired the assassin? Coughthehusbandcough.

• renee short
    10 months ago

When I first enountered this the charateristics associated with the players were different so I
    selected in ths order:

assassin - society
    wife - fidelity
    husband - duty
    lover - desire
    boatman - money
    assassin - society

Society is always surrounding our actions but that doesn't replace personal responsibility.