need something...

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

where? comments or chat rooms? umm... i'm lost...

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

well, email is your own responsibility... your email program should have a blocking option. And on your profile, you can make it so that you can not be sent private emails... I know that blocks everyone from emailing you, so if that's not what you want, then just block their email address with your email program.

As for blocking individuals from commenting, I can see it becoming a problem where people are not only blocking rude commenters, but anyone that says anything negative at all... which is why Janis has not restored the ability to delete comments. People were abusing it.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

hehehe, thanks for the support, Matt... but my b-day was back in September! LOL... (I think I can actually hear you saying:
    woop woop

it's your birthday

• Kevin
    19 years ago

I strongly advise giving people the freedom to choose to block rude and abusive, or potentially stalker types in here.

If anyone wants to use it to deny all forms of critique, then thats their loss.

Give us the choice thankyou. It's a simple issue really.

• Kevin
    19 years ago

If Janis doesn't have the time to keep this site up to the standards that people would like, then maybe it's about time the moderators had increased ability to effect change.

Create a moderator council so that no one person can make a decision without the consent of everyone else on the group, and as long as at least one person has the technical knowledge to add improvements, then it can happen without Janis directly given that he has hand picked the group based on trust.

I mean, even as a simple example, the weekly poetry compitition is getting to be the monthly compitition through lack of attention. Surely the moderators could come together and vote new winners in on that one day every week?