Who gives the best comments?

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

Who do you believe is the best commenter on this website?

Remember, the most critical and helpful, not the most positive and my-butt-was-kissed-so-I'll-kiss-yours commenters.

• Rachel RTVW
    17 years ago

The Commenter

• Rachel RTVW
    17 years ago

Bob is right but out of the people who have commented on my poems, very few offer critique. I am flattered that people enjoy reading my poems and I have received some very thoughtful comments. I would like to receive some constructive criticism as well though.

• Startle Me
    17 years ago

I'm a butt kisser.
    I hope I stop that soon.
    It's one of my problems.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

~ acia ~

~!Britt!

~The Commentor

lemme go check the others :)

• RunningOnEmpty
    17 years ago

Most sincere. Most helpful. Exactly what i said.

• RunningOnEmpty
    17 years ago

Remember, the most critical and helpful, not the most positive and my-butt-was-kissed-so-I'll-kiss-yours commenters.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

I fear bad comments = down-rating from the person who you gave the comment to which is why i give good comments most of the time.

• Twisted Heart
    17 years ago

Dumpstead was the best. I don't know if he is still on or not. Haven't seen him post in awhile. He can take a poem apart word for word and tell you what is wrong with it. He will give you an honest critique. Bob Shank has given me many helpful hints with his critiques. The commenter seems to be knowledgeable in forms and structure, but as he has never done one of mine, can't really class him as of yet.

Like Bob said, there are many who are good, and just as many who aren't. And also, like Bob, I have quit critiquing poems because most people don't want them. If they ask for honesty, then I will help. But sometimes I think I'm a bit harsh. I try not to be, and I apologise if I am... but if you ask for honesty, you will get it.

• Twisted Heart
    17 years ago

Oh And BTW, when I said I would be honest, I don't slam poetry or the poets who write it. But I will help if I can

• silvershoes
    17 years ago

Anytime anyone wants to tear apart my poetry and tell me how terrible it is, be my guest. I could use a good laugh, some honesty, and maybe some improvement. Why not? I hate flattery.

• Hatori
    17 years ago

I suck at leaving comments... but there are indeed a lot of people that leave good comments. I like helpful ones, even if they say 2/5

• 19Rusty
    17 years ago

Anyone can give good comments.

• Lauren Waszkiewicz
    17 years ago

If i dont like a poem, i will tell the person why, and if i do like it, i often don't really say anything. (unless im lazy in which i won't comment the bad poem..)

i used to comment all the poems i read, if they're goodor bad, but i found that many of those i comment that are good, do not really care, they think i am out for an award, and those who i tell why they're not so good. often get mad at me.. =[

Kitty gives good comments.. uhm and Silver J too. Joe does as well. =]

• Sondos
    17 years ago

Bob Shank/ Sluvious

hands down

• Victoria Rainey
    17 years ago

Ihave finally improved the commenting.. most of the time Im just like good job.. but now I more like detailed so focused into the poem and gives out details comment on how to help them or how their choices of words, why did they pick that word or whatever.. if you all get my drift...

• Deana
    17 years ago

Bob if you ever do return to it ,I would love constuctive criticizm from you,I appreciate the comments you have given me in the past,but I would be open to any help you would give me to improve.

• Sherry Lynn
    17 years ago

Bob Shank

I always love his brutal honesty. It is what helps a writer grow!

--Sher

• Simple Sensation
    17 years ago

Il ike Silver J comments. And The Commenter has left a comment that i liked in one of my poems..
    I dont really know who else, but i always ask for honest feedback... So if nayone wants to comment on one of my poems and give it a 1/5 as long as you tell me how to improve it and what you didnt like about i wouldnt mind!

• Fluffy
    17 years ago

Billy Rob. He is a dude.

• Ashleigh Skye
    17 years ago

Hmm Ive gotten sum really good ones from a lot of people its hard to pick them out though

• adelinaxx
    16 years ago

Anyone who says what they truly feel about the poem

• Veamm
    16 years ago

Yeah..some comment do negative thoughts to the writer as well some comments do has positive effect..but either good or bad I appreciate them all^^