"Search Forums" First

• PnQ Mod Account
    17 years ago

Just in case anyone hasn't noticed... there is a "Search Forums" link ^^^^^^up there. You can see it anywhere on the forums.. even while you are posting a topic.

Remember to search the forums first for the topic you are intending to post about to see if it has already been discussed. If you have something meaningful to add or have a question that wasn't answered in the post, feel free to post in the old topic (not bumping if the post is meaningful) If you simply want to say, "Oh, I get it" or "That stinks" or something like that.. please refrain!
    -----

Since the forum search only searches the title of the thread... PLEASE, give your threads a title that summarizes your thread.

"a question", "Janis", "For the mods", "need help" are not appropriate titles.

"Picture problems", "Re: Club Threads", "Error message on Submit Poem Page" are acceptable titles.

Remember this in other forums, too.

If you have any questions on this matter, feel free to post them here.

Thanks!

• Polly
    17 years ago

Yep the whole thing is great and really useful, but it is starting to SERIOUSLY annoy me that people are always titling posts with some of the things listed above as not appropiate.

Is there any way we could have some sort of sticky about how to properly title a post??

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

Polly, just write an article about it yourself =]

• Polly
    17 years ago

Ow what! me?! :o

• Fluffy
    16 years ago

Why are people so immune to using this Search Forum device? I started two topics in two different boards, only to find someone else make the SAME topic, with an almost identical name. And my threads hadn't even reached to 30 and were still on the first page :|. I think people should be given a warning for re-starting threads which are incomplete.

• Mo
    16 years ago

Umm... why do we always feel the need to make so many rules for everyone to abide by? Surely our lives are so full of them already without adding new ones - its not really a big deal - if someone else posts a new thread on the same topic - just inform them there's one going or just add your ideas to their thread. Or if someone's thread isn't properly titled - who cares? You obviously still open it - am I right?

Im sick of always hearing how everyone wants a piece of the law making - (sorry venting here - its not got to do with much on this site but all over the world - what happened to people just taking responsibility for things themselves without having a new rule thrust upon them every 2 minutes).

There... Im done.

Bid you farewell.

:)

• Adelle
    16 years ago

Wow I never noticed that button befor could come in usefull!

• silvershoes
    16 years ago

Mo, you are so very right. I'm sick of all these, "I'm lazy and get annoyed easily...let's punish people for their little mistakes and make a new rule!" things.

• PnQ Mod Account
    16 years ago

Oh please. This is not a rule, it is a common sense thing. We wouldn't have so many repeated threads if people had any success at searching the forums.

If there were no rules on the forums, they would be over run with trash and everyone would complain about that.

• silvershoes
    16 years ago

Haha, ahh, I know. I'm just being a pain :)