Senior Members now in charge of praising comments

• PnQ Mod Account
    17 years ago

The praising will now be done by senior members only. They can praise ANY comment...meaning they can praise the comments on anyone's poems. These praises will be reviewed by the mods and accepted or rejected.

SENIOR MEMBERS: please be sure to look for praiseworthy comments on a regular basis.

COMMENTERS: please take a look at the guidelines the senior members will be going by when making praises. (below)
    ---------------------

http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/comment_praise.html

A moderator will review every comment praise before it is accepted. A good comment, worthy of earning praise points should do at least 1 of the following:

Offer an insight into the meaning of the poem from the point of view of the reader, or what they thought the writer was aiming for.

Offer advice, politely put, about how to potentially improve or alter the poem.

Express the personal feelings of how the piece made the reader react, which should be more varied than the standard empty response: "Hey good poem, love it, good work".

Write any kind of response, not covered by the above examples, that has some point to it, something of worth of interest that is linked to what the author wrote.

These examples are not exclusive, in that if you comment and do something not mentioned you are not instantly disqualified from ever earning praise points, they are examples of the kinds of responses the moderator team feel would be worthy of recognition. Just keep in mind that everything you write really should be explained. So if you think something need to be changed about a persons poem, don't just tell them what to change without explaining why, and even how or you will not get praise points.

• Gem
    17 years ago

Excellent idea.
    A lot of worthy people should get recognition now =)
    *Gem*

• silvershoes
    17 years ago

Sweet sauce. More power...Yes, yes...give it to me.

• Lauren Waszkiewicz
    17 years ago

Power to the People!

-cheers-

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

Thanks ann.

• Polly
    17 years ago

WOW, now I feel power...
    First praising... next the world..... *evil laugh*

lol cheers for that =D

• Polly
    17 years ago

Hmmm, the basis on which a comment should be prasied is clear, and i may be being stupid but what does it do to the person whos comment it was?

• Hey Brittknee
    17 years ago

*ish happy* horray for more power

I think this is a very good idea not just because of more power but it will help with praises

MD

• PnQ Mod Account
    17 years ago

Polly - do you mean the person who made the comment... or the author of the poem?

If you mean the person that wrote the comment, I beleive that Janis is going to see how the praising goes and finally introduce a critiquing award or it might effect the comment award. I'm not sure. For now it just gets tallied and Janis will see if it helps make better comments, and if enough praising gets done.

• Tammie
    17 years ago

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I didn't want to post a new topic incase it's already been asked.

I just went to nominate a poem for the weekly contest and I got this error page come up after I clicked vote:
    "You have already voted 3 times this week. Please, go back to the poem."

I'm positive that I haven't voted on 3 poems this week already though. Just wondering if this is a current issue with other people.

• PnQ Mod Account
    17 years ago

"You have already voted 3 times this week." in P&Q-ese means: "You have already voted 3 times this voting cycle." in other words, when the contest is updated, then you will be able to vote again.

• Polly
    17 years ago

"I beleive that Janis is going to see how the praising goes and finally introduce a critiquing award or it might effect the comment award. I'm not sure. For now it just gets tallied and Janis will see if it helps make better comments, and if enough praising gets done."
    (ann marie)

that is/will be the point

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

When will we learn if we get praised.

• PnQ Mod Account
    17 years ago

IF an award get introduced, then whomever gets the award... you know they got praised! :)

sorry, but for now, that's the only way.

DO NOT bug the mods about who or how may praises are coming in for review.

• Italian Stallion
    17 years ago

Actually, you can see comments that have been praised, if you left a comment that you thought was praiseworthy go back to it and check it out, if the person praised it, it will say, "Praised by:" and the name of the user that praised your comment.

Peace, Joe

• PnQ Mod Account
    17 years ago

No way! cool! :D

• Fluffy
    17 years ago

I'm sorry, I feel like an idiot. What does this 'praising' stuff and 'getting another award' business mean? Esham is confused :(.

Can someone start again for me, please?

• PnQ Mod Account
    17 years ago

Esham, there is no award yet. So don't worry about that part.

As a senior member, you can praise ANY comment that meets one or more of the criteria listed in the first post. Not just your own..but comments on anyone's poems.

• Fluffy
    17 years ago

Oooooooooh. I get it! Jesus, I am so daft at times I cannot help myself. Thank's girly :).

• Tracy D Rollings
    17 years ago

Hi , I am new to the poem world , just got started a few weeks ago so all this is new to me. So if I'm doing something good or bad, I would like to know and how , the praising comments is a new thing to me. Really don't understand any of it at all, so would someone drop me a line and let me in on it please,,,,thanks

Tracy

• Mommy And Me
    17 years ago

Tracy: when you read some one elses poems you are able to comment on what you think about the poems.

If a senior member (some one with over 100 poems or is added to 20 people's favrotie list) reads a comment in which you have posted and believe that it is a good enough comment and helped with one of the topics mentioned way above, then they click *praise* which means it is a good comment.

when i joinded i was like.. why would people look at other peoples coments. but they do this in order to agree with other people or disagree.

• Tracy D Rollings
    17 years ago

Thanks for the help duckling, I will try to do my best on the comments , know I will be a little slow ,but will get there. Thanks again, Tracy

• TheWorldFellNUWerentThere
    17 years ago

Points?

I'm still getting used to the site still in this area.

What do you guys mean by ' points '??

• PnQ Mod Account
    17 years ago

There really are no "points" here, just "praises". I know Janis referred to them as prise points, but for now, the praises are just getting tallied.

If you read through each post carefully, you should understand it. I don't know how to explain it any clearer than has already been done.

• Polly
    17 years ago

Unless you mean penalty points....

• PnQ Mod Account
    17 years ago

Penalty points were not discussed in this thread, but yes there are penalty points.

• Choose xX Alex Xx Life
    17 years ago

Thank you for that, seriously it helped me :d

xxx alex xxx