The Qualifications for Being a Mod

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

For all of you who are begging to know, these are the qualifications for being a moderator:

1) In most cases, you must be 25 years of age or older. This is due to the fact of immaturity and also over-reacting.

2) The website is not currently seeking new mods, but when they are, eligitability(sp?) will be opened.

3) You must be an active member of the website.

4) You must not have had your account suspended (if this is not true, could a mod delete this rule.)

Hope this gave you some useful information for you "Moderator Wannabe's"

Sigh, i have to wait 9 more years to become a moderator.

=[

~Stephen White

• Gem
    17 years ago

Curse my young age and being prone to over reactiveness!!

;)

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

Those are the words of Janis

• Noir
    17 years ago

Well who cares about Mods...You should be happy that you do not have that power...

You can be yourself without restricting who you are...And also I do not want to penalise people for coming in here and having fun...

Even if it is to debate...

• skynerraw
    17 years ago

Ah I agree^ I wouldn't want to have to penalize people or have extra responsibilities, I get on this site to share my poems and read other peoples, not do other things to lol

• Polly
    17 years ago

25! That is an actual rule?!

Hmm I agree that mods should be chose really carefully, but that is surely a bit over the top is it not?

just another.... 12 years to go! :(

• Corinne
    17 years ago

I'm a mod on a couple of other boards - and it can be a headache sometimes. You have to be tactful yet firm, respectful, engage and encourage the other member of a club to take part, and above all protect the others from personal attacks. In other words - make sure everyone plays nice ;-)

• Fluffy
    17 years ago

25? I see. So that must mean that Joe is a particularly mature 21 year old? Hmm. It makes perfect sense, if you ask me.

:|

• PnQ Mod Account
    17 years ago

Janis has recently said (to me and it looks like to Stephen as well) that there should be no more mods under age 25. The ones we currently have will get to keep their mod status.

• PnQ Mod Account
    17 years ago

Well, it's also by mod consensus, so I guess if we all agree that there is an exception...

• silvershoes
    17 years ago

So when all is said and done, why exactly am I not a mod? Hahaha. I make myself laugh.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

:o My apologies. I am a little off lately due to finals coming up and all and it's stressful... ugh!

• Moose
    17 years ago

I could see why the age limit would be put into effect. Not only because of maturity, but i'm pretty sure there is a ton of responsibilities that come with being a moderator. Something that young people (as myself) are still trying to atain and be able to handle.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

The only problem with this is that not being a mod makes me look down at myself in contempt. I don't want pity, I am just saying that I live here... I try to get friends here since I seem inable to outside of the world... and knowing that the mod's voted me off the possibility list just makes me that much more lonely. I am just thinking about leaving the site alltogether anyway because I am just so unmotivated, so lonely, so everything that's negative it's just... overwhelming and it's not like the people hate me it's just that being here reminds me that I am not out in the real world having fun.

Being a poet sucks.
    Being normal would be so much better.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

And, of course, me saying I'd leave the website is a remark that is taken with the utmost light-heartedness because, of course, I am an addict and could never keep myself away.

• Choose xX Alex Xx Life
    17 years ago

Ya id love to be a mod :D

xxx alex xxx

hhhhmmmm.....