Thoughts On Writting

• Rachel
    16 years ago

Lately I've realized that life without writting wouldn't be near as beautiful as it is today. Writting gives this world an extra sparkle that makes it shine brighter than any amount of light. Writting is one of my passions in life and I really hope that one day I can write something that people will remember forever. I want so badly to write something of great meaning, and to be honest, it't not easy at all. Yes, the right mixture of words can be beautiful but finding the right mixture can be a WHOLE lot of work, and it takes someone with alot of passion and commitment to write something great. I hope to someday become a great writer that people look up to! Can anyone second there thoughts?

• xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex
    16 years ago

First off it is "writing" not "writting".

And, yes. Writing makes the world such a beautiful place; without it, where would a poet be? A poet speaks with their heart and without words, we wouldn't be able to speak at all.

But, writing something meaningful shouldn't take "a lot of work". You should just let the words flow onto the paper and if you truly write from your heart, that shouldn't be work at all. If it is, your forcing, and who likes forced poetry?

xTheEcstasyofSuicidex

• Corinne
    16 years ago

I'm going to agree with you Rachel. To become a "great writer" does require a lot of work - Preparatory work. One should understand and learn as much as possible about poetry (or novel writing, or essay writing...) To know and learn who the great ones were and are. For instance, Picasso mastered all the usual and traditional styles of painting before he was free and able to create his own unique style.

It also takes a lot of work and dedication to ones craft. To not let writing become a "sometimes" thing.

In time, you will find your own true voice.

• Rachel
    16 years ago

Thanks for the spelling correction as you can prob. see I'm not the best at spelling.

I must say though, that I don't totally agree with you on one thing. Writing should be natural and not "forced" but just because you work hard on something doesn't mean that it was forced. sometimes it just takes time to find the words in your heart that fit perfectly and that you are proud of. Maybe writing comes easier to you but for me and I think alot of other people it takes quite a fair bit of thought, atleast at certain times. Anyone agree, or am I just crazy?

• swill
    16 years ago

You're not crazy. In fact, I can't agree more with your last post :)

• Veamm
    16 years ago

A remarkble poem is cool!!