Wow...this is weird....Has it happened to you?

• Sarah
    19 years ago

Well, what I like to do when I can't think of a name that I like is take two words from the poem, preferably words that wouldn't go together normally. I've gotten some pretty cool names out of it! Like my most recent:

Expressionless Mirrors

It's fun! One of my favorite parts of writing poems. Hope I helped, at least a little.

• ♥x__Pwincess danii//
    19 years ago

umm most of my poems i arite the heading first

• ♥x__Pwincess danii//
    19 years ago

dont owrry about it mate it always happens

• Delo
    19 years ago

I agree with Thunderrose

• Briana
    19 years ago

I always take the name and make it from My poem I will take only one word and summerize it or I will use a line to name it.

Briana

• SammiBABY
    19 years ago

Just call it untitled! lol I did that once..
    Sammi.
    Wat ended up happenin with the poem?

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

That happens to me all the time! LoL What I usually do is posted it as untitled and the request suggestions from other PNQ members - so far they have named all my untitled pieces - just make sure it applies to your poem :O)

• Unseen Exposure
    19 years ago

This happens to me all the time. I'll start writing a poem about one thing, but I incorporate many other things into it, and then I don't know what the main topic is, and I can't think of a title. Usually I just BS a title that seems captivating and relates to the poem... or I pick a corny one.. such as the last line of the poem.

• joe
    19 years ago

i usually just take a line out of the poem i think stands out and title it

• Erica Brown©
    19 years ago

I stare out my window and then think of something no one will understand.. or I do what Allen does...

• StarvingForPerfection
    16 years ago

I always save the title for after i write the poem.

• lish
    16 years ago

I do that sometimes but mostly i choose sentences that arnt in my poem but kindof describe it and out that as my hedding

• Pamela
    16 years ago

I pick titles that have to do with the poem, but in a very different way. When I made a poem about eating disorder, I called it: "mirror mirror on the wall who's the fattest liar of them all".

I do that.