Top Rated Recent Poems

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

Has anyone noticed the date of the "So-Called Recent" Poems on the homepage of the website...

Why are poems from 2005 featured on the "top rated recent poems" list???

Any info on this possible error?

• xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex
    16 years ago

They've been like this for a month or so now.
    It's rather annoying.
    This site REALLY needs a new manager.

xTheEcstasyofSuicidex

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

Yes, but the poems are from 2005... LIKE, TWO YEARS AGO!!!!

I mean, i'd understand them not being updated for like, 2 weeks or something, but not TWO YEARS!!

Who put the RECENT poems so... NOT recent?! lol!

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

I wish I could do that. *Sigh* Dainz used to be that kind of administrator... but he wasn't around often enough and still isn't.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

Not to be cruel, but if you don't like any of the recent poems, then change the name to "Top Rated Poems on the Website" because "Top Rated Recent Poems" therefore is misleading.

• xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex
    16 years ago

Bob, just because people use "I" and "the" does not mean they are a horrible writer. That, my friend, is only your opinion. Some prefer it that way, you cannot tell people how to write. Some poems are <better> with a few "I's" and such. They're sometimes expressed better or flow better.
    Then and again, this may just be our own opinions, but stop <forcing> yours on others just because you are a moderator.

xTheEcstasyofSuicidex

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

Well put. You have a point there.

Other people may hate poems that aren't narrated in first person. Just because you hold an opinion doesn't mean you should force it... In this case, we do have free speech, and the TOP RATED RECENT POEMS are NOT your decision, but ours. You'd be out of business, or, rather, Janis would be out of a business=]

• Kevin
    16 years ago

Calm down guys, Bob is not forcing his opinion, he is only an individual with strong opinions, and him being a Moderator has nothing to do with that.

He is right, most of them contest winners and top rated poems are garbage...there needs to be a better quality control system...so get your thinking hats on.

• xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex
    16 years ago

Kevin, I <am> calm. And actually, I more than agree. Too many bad poets are getting on the top rated list because they have a lot of friends. But, there's not much we can do about that, can we?
    And I was only stating my opinoin about the "the" and "and" statement.
    But. Yeah.

xTheEcstasyofSuicidex

• xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex
    16 years ago

Bob, I'm not saying I don't take your comments to heart. But you seem to put down everyone and anyone who <dare> use "I" or "The" in a poem. I take constructive critism, but when it's a simple opinion rather than helping me, maybe not. Because of listening to critism my poetry has gotten better; not the best, but better and I like how I write.
    As for the woman who budged in on a conversation that was not directed to her, I never said I <wanted> to be on the top rated. I'm saying people get up there because they have friends and it's stupid. One should get up their because it's GOOD, not because they're your friend. Just saying. Maybe that's only <my> opinion as Bob has his own.

xTheEcstasyofSuicidex

• xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex
    16 years ago

"Maybe a committee should be formed or a ten member panel..."

^^^
    God how I would love that. Maybe you should organize something like it if possible; I'd love to be one of them. I <do> hate certain poetry and agree with you most of the time. I was only saying that using "I" and "the" don't kill a poem all the time.

"...however when every other line has those words in it, especially "I" after first person has already been established..."

^^^
    I agree with that statement full heartedly. I suppose I've taken your words the wrong way. Whenever you say not to use "I" or "the" I believe you to mean ever in a piece. However, if it is used obsessively or when not needed, I can understand completely where you are coming from.

And you're write. I have my own views on what good poetry is and who is good at it. Actually, there are a few on here whom I <hate> their poetry and everyone seems to love. But, perhaps it's only me and a few others.
    Well. I feel better now discussing that with you. It's bothered me for awhile. Thanks for discussing it with me. And by the way, I agree with how you look at poetry. Except that "street poetry" or whatever it's called. I can't stand that stuff. =/.
    Anyways, thank you once again, Bob, for your time.

If you ever get that ten-people panel going, look me up; I'd love to help.

xTheEcstasyofSuicidex

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

NOW....

How about my idea.

Making the TOP RATED RECENT POEMS
    into the MOST POPULAR POEMS or TOP RATED POEMS ON THE SITE.

=] Good, bad?

The "latest" part of that, either way, has to be emitted due to the fact that:

1) It's not 2005
    2) It's misleading
    3) It's annoying me
    4) I have OCD
    5) Due to 4, it's annoying me more.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

And I would LOVE to help on the panel as well, I love commenting poems.

Well, except for when it's time for finals. Like at the moment.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

I think we should nominate people. If so, I nominate:

*Diana
    *Britt
    *Lush.Fcuk
    *Kristina
    *Ashleigh Skye
    *Excstacy of Suicide
    **Gem*
    *Espoir*Failed
    and some more people... But those are my nominations for the position =]

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

Now that first of all, insults the people who I have chosen. Second of all, If you do not think those people have passion for poetry then you need a dopeslap or something of the likes because they are very well deserving.

Now I admit that you may and are allowed to hold your own opinions, but I am just stating that when they are degrading to other people keep them to yourself (and this is not degrading =])

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

This should be locked or deleted, this thread.

• HOLLYWOODxBANGBANG
    16 years ago

YAY! I was nominated! :]

JENNA WANTS TO HELP! Lol.

And Britt, you would be a very good help missy.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

*Stephen

Get it right. Besides, I'm on here more than some of the moderator's anyway. And I'm used to doing all that in my group anyway, so it kinda just transfer's over. I apologize or whatever but it's a stressful time for me, as well as tons of other people, and I'd prefer it if you ignored my flaws, at least for now, because it doesn't take much at this time to make me flip out lol. Just a warning =]

• Fluffy
    16 years ago

...I was enjoying the beef. :(

Meh.