Is this already on the site?

• JodiieBaybeh
    16 years ago

I dont know if theres already been a post on this or if it is aleady on the site but i havent noticed it so here goes...

when people send you personal message could they atleast tell us when we have recieved one? inted of us keep having to check back to ou inbox if that other person has repled.. because i keep checking back but its really getting annoying when you just dont know if you h ave a new message ..x

• Jordan
    16 years ago

This site isn't a chat room......so just get used to it.

• Hey Brittknee
    16 years ago

Yes you click your account news every ponce in a while, otherwise thats it when you sign on, you really don't need to know exactly when a new message comes in, its basically just like e-mail it tells you when you sign on, not when it comes through

• JodiieBaybeh
    16 years ago

^^dont have to pit it as blatent as that it was only a sugestion i havent been coming on this site to get my head bit off and i dont usethis site as a chatroom ive never used it s a chatrom in the 2 and half years ive been coming on here for

• Jordan
    16 years ago

"i dont usethis site as a chatroom ive never used it s a chatrom in the 2 and half years ive been coming on here for"

^
    Well then what's the worry?

PS if you think that I put it blatentely, you should try taking in some of the responses that other members would give you. Lol.

• JodiieBaybeh
    16 years ago

Just Jordan... im not trying to use this sie as a chat rom im only saying that i have made a fair few friends on here and i wish ther was a simpular way toknow if they have contacted me insted of keep checkin bak it would be nice that their was another way the site ul let me know some one was trying to contact me wthouthaving to check ba every ten minutes that is all

• Fluffy
    16 years ago

"^^dont have to pit it as blatent as that"

Gee, don't be so defensive, eh? And do you mean 'blunt'? People here can be very blunt. So...there's not much to say aside from 'get used to it'. Sorry.

• thing3
    16 years ago

Jodiie only wanted a simple answer. no need to b mean about it. its not her fought

• Kristina
    16 years ago

It already tells you...

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

Although her answer DOES require a way too simple response, I do have to agree with Satan up there. Some people just aren't as used to this website as others and they don't know how to work it. Treat everyone with respect and you'll get respected yourself =]

• PnQ Mod Account
    16 years ago

For Tia and Kristina, yes it does tell you when you sign on if you have new messages or new comments... or even ones that haven't been checked yet.

What the original poster is wanting is something that will alert you as soon as you get a new message... like right now while I'm typing, I'd get a pop up (which I'm not sure is possible) OR..

something that might be more feasible is if I get a PM while I'm typing a comment, or post or something, as soon as I enter it.. or move to a new screen or something, on my account news link, maybe there could be a number that would update... could be do-able...

• The Herald
    16 years ago

-[edited out]-

see link below.. and just DROP IT!!!

http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/discussion/topic.html?topic_id=78579