We Should Be Able To See The PMs We Sent!!!

• claire
    16 years ago

I have trouble remembering exactly what I said, and it would be helpful if the site were more like email - we could see what messages we sent, as well as received. Does anyone agree?

• Jessica
    16 years ago

Well, I mean this isn't a chat site so we shouldn't really use the term "email" but I do agree that sometimes it is hard to remember what was said and it would be useful.

• Fluffy
    16 years ago

Http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/discussion/topic.html?topic_id=83189

Please use the search forum key before creating threads that already exist. It wouldn't kill you to scroll down the second page, really.

• PnQ Mod Account
    16 years ago

I would usually agree with the above post, but in this case, the search forum wouldn't have worked. At least claire made her title so that we'd know what it was about.

Seriously, I'm going to start deleting threads with vague titles!

• Fluffy
    16 years ago

^Good idea.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

What I always have done is I put the "comment" and then the subject so that the title looks like this:

Ahh! It Messed Up! (Group Club Problems)

that's what I sometimes have done and it worked in the past =]

• PnQ Mod Account
    16 years ago

What he's saying is that for forum thread titles, he puts something like this:

Ahh! It Messed Up! (Group Club Problems)

The "Ahh! It Messed Up!" is a vague title... but he still wants to use it, so he adds the specific subject of the thread after...ie: (Group Club Problems).

That way... if someone were thinking of starting a thread about club problems.... the could put that in the search toll and find his thread.

• PnQ Mod Account
    16 years ago

Actually, I think (like every post from the 3rd one on down) he's talking about forum posts, not PM's. We all got off topic since it was a repeated topic.

So.. for a topic focus...

I don't know that Janis would implement a storage program for the PM's.

My suggestion in the meantime is to make a document and save the messages before you send them. (Excel is an excellent program for this type of thing).

Perhaps the easiest fix for this, though, is if Janis would make it so that when you reply to a PM, the message is copied into the new message.