Why only post nice comments?

• Angel of Broken Dreams
    19 years ago

I recently posted a comment or two about someones poem. I didn't like the poem at all, and it was completely not to my taste. It almost bored me to sleep. I wrote exactly what I thought of it, and suffered for it. Having nearly all of my own poems suffer votes of 1 when they plainly don't deserve it. So why is writing your own opinion such a crime? Why start a personal hate campaign against some one just because they don't think a poems good enough?

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

well, I guess part of it depends on how you wrote your opinion. Were you rude and hurtful, or polite and helpful? Don't get me wrong, even if you were rude, I don't think people should automatically vote you low, but it is a little more understandable....

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

Yeah, I believe that they shouldn't of given you all 'one' ratings, I think that was extremely rude. But remember, it is not if you enjoyed the poem or not, it is the writing that we critisize on. Not every poem on this website everyone will like, a nice, simple comment like "not my style, but it was written good/could be better" would definetely be better.
    If you do not agree, or if you wrote it like this, you are definetely not in the wrong.

• lisa marie
    19 years ago

Well i dont think negative comments are all bad. Some people do make poems that just aren't good at all and i understand you on the whole my poems get rated a one and dont deserve it. it makes me mad. i do think however that it is not right to totally bash on someone.

• Bogie
    19 years ago

its right to say what you feel
    afterall thats what its about.
    if i see a vote i think thats high im
    not going vote to make it less.
    should i, im new but why bring it
    down. and if its a 5 it seems no
    one else will vote, don't we need
    all the votes we can get? i may be
    voting to high but who i have voted
    for are so very much great gifted
    talented writers. so thank you all
    for your comments and votes.
    you guys have helped me very
    much to get this far.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

OOOh interesting post this one has turned into

My advice Angel is that alot of people have become friends thru this site and bonded together - across oceans and countries and thousands of miles they have found solace in each others poetry - leave your feedback but be careful of your wording - cause it only takes you to hurt one persons feelings for them to all turn on you - im not saying its right but its the way it is I have found...

Goodluck!

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

And JUSTPLAINME: How do you know the poems on that site weren't taken from HER original work - think you should get you facts straight and correct before you go making accusations there matey!

• Angel of Broken Dreams
    19 years ago

Well thank you for your comments. All of them appreciated. As it happens, it is possible for people to own websites or even have their work published on websites other than this particular one.

• Jacki
    19 years ago

then why did you take the poem down? I mean if it is your work then why not display it on poems-and-quotes. Yet you deleted it? I don't understand that......Please explain

• Angel of Broken Dreams
    19 years ago

Because I am leaving this site. If I get accused of plaguerism everyday I might as well not be on anymore. I have explained. Are you satisfied?

• Angel of Broken Dreams
    19 years ago

You do realise that what you have said is slander? I am not, nor have I ever been a plagiarizer. Everyword I penned was my own. You say my deletion of my poems is self-admittance, but maybe I just want to prevent scum like you from reading it. Have you any idea how hard I worked on this account? How much time and effort I put in to ensure that my poems where as good as I could possibly make them? No. You don't. I can tell you this because I have read some of your work, and guess what? I don't like them one bit. Sure, they're words on a page, but there's no heart or soul in any of them. As empty as your worthless life, when all you can do is accuse other people to hide your own failings.

• Loved
    19 years ago

i feel where your comming from but maybe thats what they thought of your poems just like you thught about theres ...think of it that way

• Unseen Exposure
    19 years ago

I do not think it's wrong to give a poem constructive critisisms, nor do I think it's wrong to tell the writer how you feel about it. But to humiliate them, and or their writing, or continuously bash it is wrong. You may not like a poem because of it's genre/topic simply because you don't like the topic, and if you don't then why take the time to read any poems on that topic if you already know you won't like it? I love hearing people tell me what might make my poems better, and I love to tell others what they can do to help theirs, but I have never once bashed a writer. I believe that all writers deserve respect ... and that's what I give. But it's just my opinion.

• Angel of Broken Dreams
    19 years ago

Sometimes I come off as a little bit harsh, but I really can't help it.

• Cassie Cain
    16 years ago

I think the coments are there to express what you feel. but i dont think that you have to be nice, the real you are the better for the writer cause he or she could know what else to do.

• adelinaxx
    16 years ago

Dont only paste nice ones, tell it like it is

• Deana
    16 years ago

Why can`t you be honest but in a tactful way,Isn`t criticizm supposed to have a benefit for the writer,rude comments only serve to discourage and degrade ,how is that beneficial?

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

I've begun to post comments that are harsh but helpful. I figure it's the only way people are going to get better.

• Michael D Nalley
    16 years ago

I sometimes find the harsh comments amusing. Sometimes it is obvious that the commenter is not familiar with all forms of poetry

• Tricky Daze
    16 years ago

I really piss off when people write their thoughts like only 'I didn't like it'...You can tell me what point you didn't like and let me change it

Or just 'good poem'..It is really ridicilous

Or at the end of a comment 'please look at mines'

• BREEawNUHH
    16 years ago

I think you should be honest when commenting someones poem. But I also think you should use constructive criticism. I mean, I'd be upset if someone said, "Omg. That sucked!" or something, but even if I got a comment like that, I would never go and act immature like the person who gave all your poems a one rating did.

• ABake
    16 years ago

Well first of all, how do you know that that person was the one who rated them? But anyways, I don't think you should say "Oh your poem sucks and it's not my style" maybe it is THERE style. Also just like everyone says don't down vote me and don't try to give me a bad comment either. I think it is rude. If you don't like there style of writing don't bother reading it.

Not trying to be rude.

_-Amber-_

• Steven Beesley
    16 years ago

^^^Amber, I agree, there are some who are self centered on this site and would not know the meaning of the words "Humble", "Respect" and "Civil" and again the same would not know good poetry if it hit them like a 40 foot container truck.

They are rude because this is the internet and they think they can get away with it, but in reality they are wimps!

• Broken Saint
    16 years ago

Other people might not be able to accept the fact that their poems might not be so good.. They aren't open to suggestions and may be a bit too proud.. It isn't right for them to take it out on our poems via the voting system.. I think that's just immature.. haha..

~broken_saint~

come on, flame me!! lol

• bRiNgMeToLiFe
    16 years ago

I dont think that they should have hit you back with ones just for a couple comments taht you left them..on the other hand what did you say? lol because if you were downright rude about it i could see how someone might be pissed..but votings not the way to take it out either..

• Fluffy
    16 years ago

"I sometimes find the harsh comments amusing. Sometimes it is obvious that the commenter is not familiar with all forms of poetry"

Haha, I couldn't agree with you more, Michael. :) It's strange; all I ever used to do was leave positive commentary- even when the poem sucked. But now I really evaluate every word I read. I guess I'm beginning to take poetry a lot more seriously now, heh :).

• Ashley Ann
    16 years ago

You shouldnt have had to go through that and i find that extremely rude and immature from that person. We post our poems on this website to hear the opinions of others. If you cant handle the truth, dont post your poems.. find another site.. thats what i think

• Fluffy
    16 years ago

^Right on!

• Catherine
    16 years ago

It's better then no comments at all. Seriously, no one comments on my poems. Hint hint.

• Michael D Nalley
    16 years ago

I once received a harsh criticism for using rhyme and repetition in a villanelle,
    but that was another site.

• Ajmal
    16 years ago

I want to say something....about poems

for someone...its something...
    for someone...its nothing..
    for someone..its everything...

so if u really want to coment negetively...send a private message...

• I love jake
    16 years ago

I only send ppl nice comment i am good

• xXxSurrenderToMyWrathxXx
    16 years ago

I think depending on how much you like the poem you should put your feelings. I like when people put bad comments because it helps me with my next poem, what to do and what not to do...

• Cassie Cain
    16 years ago

Gsfdgdfgsdfg

• ABake
    16 years ago

When commenting a peice, I am honost.
    If I didn't like it. I tell them.
    Not straight forward, I didn't like your poem.
    But I point out the things I didn't like.
    But in a nice manor.
    If the flow was off, I tell someone.
    If I felt there was no emotion, I tell them.
    I wouldn't want someone to tell me my poem was great when really, it sucked.

XxAmberxX