May the sun rise and set in your butthole

• lisa marie
    19 years ago

Why do people flip out like a turd half way in a butthole when people rate their poems bad? Most of these poems are about the same old stuff. especially the poems about you being sad because your boyfriend/girlfriend broke up with you and how your depressed and cut yourself. There really isnt anything creative or interesting about them. it is just that, it seems to be the only topics people are interested in. i see so many poems on this site being under rated because people aren't interested in the topic even when the poem is awesome. and or they are offended by it for some odd potatoe under a butthole reason. i don't know about you but i want to read a poem that is not about cutting/losing a boyfriend. but a poem that has some sort of actual meaning. anybody got one?

i bet half of you didn't even read this because of the title. peace and love

• Atahan Tolunay
    19 years ago

I strongly agree. It's boring to hear about these standard stuff that people write about. I know my poetry isnt really the best but if you are intrested in these themes you might want to take a look.

A triolet about drugs:
    Lunar Dream

A sonnet about foolishness of mankind:
    A Benighted Empire

A storytelling free verse about greed and curiosity of man:
    Eternally Cold

A thoughtprovoking poem about faith, religion and God:
    Who are you?

I'll be glad to read comments, good or bad. Cheers.

/Atahan

• lisa marie
    19 years ago

thankyou i will be sure to look at those.

• Your eyeliner is laughable
    19 years ago

I very much agree. People write about their lost relationships, depression etc. and call it poetry. Not that it isn't important, but I don't find it interesting. I really don't see how these poems get rated so highly. The moment I post a comment saying I thought it boring, and exactly the same as all their other poetry, half the members on this site start a hate campaign against me.

• Unseen Exposure
    19 years ago

Actually, I must admit, the title caught my attention. I had to look.
    People have different tastes in poems. Seems a lot of people like to write about sadness or depression, because it's what they're feeling. And I don't see anything wrong with it. It's mostly what I write about, but that's because writing is my release, and I can let loose with it. Plus, I don't feel like writing when I'm happy, I have better things to do. But when I'm sad and what not, I seclude myself ... and I write.

• Erica Brown©
    19 years ago

Wow that makes me feel like a follower... I only did a couple like that.. I broaden them and have hidden messages, I do not mind terrible comments. Infact I would love if you gave me a few pointers or tell me if you like my poems.

• ♥•oOo Nikki oOo•♥©
    19 years ago

Go Check Out 1 Of My Poems "An Angel Afraid To Fly"...And "Hear My Cry"...."Perfectly Fake" n "AnnY(Anorexia)" ...Thats Plenty Of Variety Withought The Cuts xoxo-Nikki-xoxo

• Robyn Park
    19 years ago

I agree, even though the majority of my poems are like that. Thats the only kind of thing I can write even a little decently about, so I do. But, I get really mad because everyone who does comment only tells me how wonderful my poems are. They aren't good. I want advise on how to better my poems, because I know they need work. So, if you'd like, read some of my boring poetry, and let me know why its boring, and give me some pointers to make it better. I'd really appreciate that.

• Robert
    19 years ago

ok you asked for it. Read Another Beer Please, In-Laws, Never-Ending Gift, Set Free, Countess Of Blood, Make The world Bleed, Bird In My Hand, Hold Me, Human Disease. I think you can start off with them and I would put my word on it that they are unlike any poems you have read go for it and tell me what you think Robert

• ~*^*~ longing to belong ~*^*~
    19 years ago

I came in, read the first line, realised who had written it, and stopped reading.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Perhaps people go through the same experience hence they may write about the same things. People also have standardised education curriculums hence they have similiar words and phrases in their poetry due to this and also limited actual poetry expression.
    Perhaps these people are just writing for themselves and not to please you ... but hey you never do know?!

• Daniel J
    19 years ago

I think =Eirisa= hit the nail on the head.

Also, the sort of poems i write are based on my mood, and mood is invariably happy, sad, or neutral.
    I've written a few poems for both the "love + romance" section and the "sad poems" section, although I generally don't personalise them...and there's generally no gender in it either, which sort of allows the reader, male or female, to imagine they're there...Although i've put gender in a few recent poems now.

Then again, I haven't written about how i lost a girlfriend and cut myself :s

Anyway, I've written two poems for the humour section too, and one for "life and society."

• BaybeBlew
    19 years ago

Lisa Marie

You're quite right, people need to stop freaking out about people down voting their poetry and face the fact that maybe the reader just didn't like it. Perhaps it deserved a one, no matter how good you believe it is.
    But if you do not want to read a poem on Depression/Cutting/Suicide/Broken hearts maybe you should just look under a different category, perhaps that would solve your problem. If you are looking for poems with interesting topics under saddness/depression you've got a bit of a problem there.
    By the way, it is 'you're' not 'your' as in 'you are depressed and cut yourself'

-Blew

• Incognito
    19 years ago

A lot of 'i just lost my bf/gf' or 'i'm so depressed/ i cut/ u dont know what lifes like for me' poems are crappy, wait that would be pretty much all of them. The problem is when someone like me puts deeper meaning into those popular topics, and it gets overlooked. sigh, i think i'll start writing about something else.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

They might be crappy poems in your opinion Incognito (love the nick by the way) but sometimes people aren't writing to please others as I stated above but to express their own hidden feelings...Also perhaps they gain some comfort from others who write similar poetry knowing they aren't alone or estranged in their feelings and that someone else out there knows exactly what they are going through...its not always about rates and votes for all writers...

• black_hearted_lover
    19 years ago

i agree sometimes people need to vent and they don't have any other way but to show their poems. They might like the feeling of knowing someone out there is just like them and they are not alone.
    My poems aren't the best either but i just want people to know how i feel and maybe it will help me with my problems!!!! It really isn't about the votes