Stepping Outside Yourself..LIttle Help

• TwiztidJuggalette
    16 years ago

What does it mean to step outside yourself to write poetry...?? And Is it bad that I stay within myself to write or what? I'm confused...

• Romancing the Darker Side
    16 years ago

To step outside yourself is to step out of your comfort zone. You know... try something different. My poem I Hate everything About You is my personal "out of the box" poem in the sense that it says so many words and only makes a little sense while the rest of mine get to the point.
    And it's not entirely bad to stay within yourself, however you will probably find your work becoming rather repetitive after a while, so you're encouraged to try something totally new. Good luck. :)

• Kelsie
    16 years ago

I think that stepping outside of yourself to write just gives you the freedom to not be afriad to write what you feel, exactly what the others said, stepping out of your comfort zone, like not being afriad to just write whats on your mind. No its not bad at all to stay within yourself to write. just write the way you feel is good for you man. It will all come to you.

• shade127
    16 years ago

Stepping out of yoursefl to me means that you write about stuff that is unrelated to you and your life. It's when you write something totally out of your area and become someone new.

• Veamm
    16 years ago

Don't know..lol^^

• TwiztidJuggalette
    16 years ago

Oh...Well Thank You!

• White Chocolate Dynamite
    16 years ago

I think though we all tend to step outside when we write, but it all depends.

• Katrina
    16 years ago

You shouls step putside write something diffrent than what you usually write!