Do people who write rap,sad,suicide poems think that?

• HisBlueEyedAngel
    16 years ago

If people write poems like that is that what they want to do? Or is it just something that they think is just going to get them attention?

• Veamm
    16 years ago

Looking for attention i don't think so..

• Katrina
    16 years ago

Maybe its something that happened to them some people it may be for attention but others it could be of somehting that went through there head at some point or something they have seen happen or did happen

• Karl Wild GG23
    16 years ago

Just because somebody says something in a poem doesn't absolutely mean there thinking that or there going to do it. Sometimes we just write what we feel in our hearts at the time. GG23

• Patience
    16 years ago

Personally when i write mostly its because what i feel and i from your question sadness and suicide have been some of my thoughts so sometimes ppl do think what they write

• Sweet Fragility
    16 years ago

It doesn't have to be. It could something that's written and is relatable to others.

• Shauna
    16 years ago

Honestly? I would say either.. some want the attention, others its on their minds..

But for people who write these poems and are neither:: some might have a friend going through that and they are writing for them.. others might be good at writing issues such as that..from experience or just from what they've seen.

There are various reasons to why people write poems like the ones you mentioned but by no means should you classify them as wanting to do it or wanting the attention .. because you do not know!

• Ana
    16 years ago

I write dark and depressing things because of what I have to go through daily. I dont do it to get attention. I just need some way to vent out my feelings. I admit that most people do it for attention but not everyone. I do it because I like it, it helps me, and just because I can.

• cory
    16 years ago

Yeaqh its a good was to express your emotions so its kinda like therapy in a poem.

• Baby Rainbow
    16 years ago

I dont think they lok for attention i think its theuir way f coping with life.

• Vane
    16 years ago

I dont think its to get attention...probably it happened or they have experienceds it in some way

• xxSuicidalxx
    16 years ago

Most of my peoms are sad poems...I write to express my feelings and to basically vent. So they all are how i feel inside, (contemplating suicide and all... It's just like getting your thoughts on papaer and it makes you feel better. I don't write them to get attention, i just write what i feel.

• NearlyCrazy6
    16 years ago

Like, alot of my poems are sad, but im one of the happiest people you'll probally ever meet. I just like creating things I can think about like something that MIGHT happen to me if things got that way. yea, i daydream alot

• TwistedAngel xx
    16 years ago

I write about whats in my mind but sometimes you write to express feelings but not all feelings are acted upon. I wrote a poem about cutting but i havent. sometimes you feel like doing it but instead u write a poem about it. something like that anyways..

• AmberSherrellxxIve Been Sitting Here Trying To Find Myselfxx
    16 years ago

I write about cutting and suicide mainly but that's how I deal.I used to e suicidal and I used to cut but I found that writting stories and poetry about it helps me not to do it to myself.It's how I get my emotions out now.Maybe that's why other people do or maybe that's just me...but it helps and I suggest to anyone who cuts...try writting out your emotions.

• VanityIllusions2
    16 years ago

Everyone has times when they are sad and need to vent.

some people on here may be depressed & mean what they say but other may just find this as a way to vent all the sad thoughts and temptations they may be having at the time.

• Soulful Ensemble
    16 years ago

This makes no sense but people write about what is in their minds. So it has to have a relation to them.

• samie renae
    16 years ago

I am the kind of person who writes about things that have happened in my life and i could care less wt others think if i write about suicide or anything its because those are my thoughts but if i get them oin paper and then talk to one of my gurls it helps me forget about it and move on with my life and yes i have attempted suicide and i didnt succeed because of the girls who hates me and i hate her stopped me so yea believe wt u want cuz some look for attention soem dotn and i dont so peace to everyone

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

Both.

Some even unconsciously do it for specific reasons.

• Last Reality
    16 years ago

I write my poems so people can see into my mind, if only for a minute. I love the write darker poems because it always had more of an effect and impression on me then happy poems. it doesn't mean im depressed or want attention, its just maps into my mind.

• Dark Secrets
    16 years ago

Sometimes it's because they think it, sometimes it's because they've whitnessed it, sometimes it's because they've gone though with it and sometimes it's because they've heard of it... it depends on the person who writes these kind of poems, but in all the situations it's to let out their feelings on that particular subject wheather they've gone through the situations or not.

• Brittany
    16 years ago

I personally don't understand this thread.
    If you're asking why people write sad poems, why not ask why people write happy poems? or funny poems? In fact you might as well ask why people write at all.
    It's a feeling, a thought, a hobby, a talent, a dream.
    It's an escape, a hideaway, a voice.
    In the end, why is it such a big deal what people write about or why?
    If they want attention, hopefully they get it here!
    If it's a way to get it out, hopefully they're comforted by having it written down and posted here.
    I'm a little astonished that someone could be so judgemental about something meant to be so open.

• Noir
    16 years ago

I think you need to make a distinction between "rap", sad and suicide poems.

The latter are emotional poems, pertaining to one emotion. However, rap, is a genre in that it can bring different arrays of emotion. Rather than one.

Now as to why people write poems like that, the reasons are many, as the stars in the sky. However, there are a select few people who use peotry, to ascertain attention from whomever reads and praise it.

• kevin Boundy AKA the ghost
    16 years ago

In my opinion poetry is poetry if is a poem then great it doesnt matter if its sad or depressing or any of that the website was created to express emotions if someones emotions are about suicide then thats theyre emotions and there is nothing you can say about someone elses emotions its not about getting attention not saying that people dont do that for attentino sometimes (hate people like that) its how people feel sometimes

• homebound
    16 years ago

I think its different for every person. Some just want attention where others are really feeling that way. We have to respect them and their inner feelings even if it is just for attention. The ones who truly mean it will be recognized by their listeners/readers.

• josh mills
    16 years ago

Lol all my poems are dark and twisted.
    i think we just write that way i mean hate anger and fear are the strongest emotions and the easiest to recreate in my opinion.

• Pamela
    16 years ago

Mine are too, because it's my feelings and I write them down. I don't write about my happy feelings, because I want to keep them in me and by writing poetry I can get negative emotions out of my body.