Question that needs answered...

• Michelle18
    16 years ago

Why is it so easy to write about suicide and depression and its sometimes hard to write about other things? for example even when im not depressed i can always make an attempt to write a depressing poem....i can hardly ever write happy poems..is it just me or do other people also do that?

• Veamm
    16 years ago

I experience that problem too I can't write happy poems..

• mohamed
    16 years ago

I too have the same problem... so far i have wrote only one happy poem...

• Viola
    16 years ago

I think (but I might be mistaken) that we (being most poets) usually wirte what we truly feel deep inside. You might be happy at the moment but deep inside you are probabaly hurt and sad which I think would result in you writting a sad poem as apose to a happy one. This same thing happens to me often too..though I do have some happy poems, most of mines are sad as well..I'm not really a sad person per say. But the hurt I feel inside that's been building up for years is what I think I need to release in my poetry..more than the happiness..because poetry in my regards is a way to vent and a form of therapy. But then again everyone is different. I hope you undestand what I'm trying to say here...

--Viola

• Colourful Mind
    16 years ago

Well i fell it is much easyer to see negative this than positive x x

• tara
    16 years ago

I one time tried to write a happy poem but in the end it was well sad again

• Sarah
    16 years ago

Everyone do that..

• Sarah
    16 years ago

I can't right happy poems too..its werid

• Sarah
    16 years ago

• Sarah
    16 years ago

• Sarah
    16 years ago

U kno why our beautiful poets don't write happy poems..becuz no body is happy

• Sarah
    16 years ago

Yes well all understand..

• Sarah
    16 years ago

Ya

• Sweet Fragility
    16 years ago

I usually write love poems but sometimes they have this dark edge to them, like someone being treated badly in a relationship, or breakup, etc. I CAN write about being happy in a relationship but they are kinda rare for me.

• Adelle
    16 years ago

Every body has a best subject I can write love poems well but im not very good at dark poems doesn’t mean we can only write about the subject were good it just means we write about that one naturally so its better the others just need practice.

• DarkMurderr
    16 years ago

I have the same problem either...

• Sandra D
    16 years ago

K, the same thing happens to me... all the time...
    i can only write sad or depressing poetry... even when im like happy or in a good mood...
    weird, huh?

• amanda
    16 years ago

I cant write anything unless the feeling im writing about is what im feeling at that moment....
    which is never happiness so if i try to write 1 im just SOL