your writing environment

• Amilo
    19 years ago

hey I'm just wondering how you guys normally write...
    on computer or paper...
    anytime or only with inspiration...
    writing with or without music...

well for me, normally I curl up on a rainy afternoon and type poems on my laptop.. that works really well to create this dreamy mood...

• Ten Feet Tall
    19 years ago

usually i write the first draft of everything out on paper first. usually i do listen to music and really i only write when i have some sort of inspiration...else i just sit and stare blankly at the paper forever...

i like writting on rainy/cloudy/gloomy days too. i guess it's just when i look outside, the rain kinda makes me sad in a way and then a whole bunch of feelings come rushing back to me. but else i write at night curled up all nice and warm in my bed and write until all hours of the night...

so all in all that was a bunch of nothingness that i just said...oh well...it happens...:)

• SweetDreamer
    19 years ago

I can usually only write poems when I have a sudden impulse to write one, usually when I've just felt a strong emotion. I can't make myself write one, because those ones don't usually turn out too good. I like to write alone, in my room most times. That way you're sort of alone with your thoughts.

-Rach

• Sinister Soire
    19 years ago

the usual time i write is sitting in my room alone with some music playing, those are the poems of mine that have obvious meaning to them, but i also write sitting alone outside with nothing else besides a bottle of water and a note pad writing about whatever comes to mind, i did that today which is why when i submitted my poems a few are quite random. i have to be alone when i write or i get selfconcious and well im already selfconsious enough with posting my stuff on this site. so, basiacly, alone, with any medium...paper computer.. pen pencil.. and the weather does not matter, though it may change my inspiration

• Ashleigh Skye
    19 years ago

I usally write on paper, its easier for me that way

• Ashleigh Skye
    19 years ago

*edited out*

• Steven
    19 years ago

i write in my note book... cause u never know when something might hit u and u might need to write it down fsat before the idea goes away.. but most of the time... there all in my heart and mind