Pre Poetry Techniques

• swill
    16 years ago

What do you do right before sitting down to WRITE the poem? Do you write your thoughts? Re-think the poem over before its on paper? Just start out with line 1 without knowing what's going to come?

• the song writer
    16 years ago

I pray.

• the song writer
    16 years ago

Yah man I pray.
    God's my inspiration so why not talk to him.
    and if the poem's not about him than I talk to him to get help with the poem.

• Beautiful Chaos
    16 years ago

I usually start with a line that comes to me and go from there, very few are actually planned out.

• Jaime
    16 years ago

I always think about a poem for a few days before I write it down. Once I've thought out most parts of it, it writes itself fairly quickly.

• Teria
    16 years ago

I don't even think about it, I sit with a pen and paper, and it comes.
    I'm not even sure what comes out until after I write, most of the time.
    Every now and then I have to think it out.

But, when I don't write that way, it's usually I begin with the title and work that way, or I work from the first line.

• Ashleigh Skye
    16 years ago

I just sit down and write when i get an idea and if I dont finish it then I save it and come back to it later.

• Vane
    16 years ago

Sometimes i start writing my thoughts and then i just put them all 2gether...and sometimes i star with one line that comes to my mind and keep writing from there

• Tabitha
    16 years ago

I first think about the topic.. or sometimes when something just happened ill just write wat im thinking.. lol the interesting part is whenever i write my thoughts down, they always come out im somewhat of a poem.. but like i was saying, ill think about the topic.. usually after the first line everything after just flows.. (sometimes not)

• TinyDancer46
    16 years ago

First I just come up with a title.
    I begin thinking of any emotions I get from it... and then I start writing.

Other times I think of topics that I can relate to or things I see other people going through. If I am writing about something someone else is dealing with, I put myself in their shoes and write as if I am them.

• 4 track demo
    16 years ago

I plan nothing, i line or two will come to me, and then i build it around those...and then allow passion to guide me....

• ABake
    16 years ago

Hmm. I do not really know, I just have an urge to write and whatevever my mind tells my hand to write then thats what it is. Lol. Not in all cases though, sometimes I have a certain line or story/emotion that is embedded into my peice. =]