What's the Best "Ode to..." Poem You've Ever Read on

• Robert Gardiner
    16 years ago

What's the Best "Ode to..." Poem You've Ever Read on this site???

What is the best ode/ode to poem you ever on P&Q. I'm looking to find the best poems in the ode style - with ode or ode to in the title on P&Q. It can either be a poem you've read or perhaps posted. I'm looking for poems that are "Romantic" in nature or funny poems. They can be love poems, nature poems, funny poems, whatever, as long romantic or funny and "REALLY GOOD". What I want are the best ones (best odes), so that I and others may appreciate them.

Simple Definition: An Ode is a poem praising and glorifying a person, place or thing

Expanded Definition;

Ode: (�d) 1. A lyric poem characterized by lofty feeling, elaborate form, and dignified or elevated style; a form of stately and elaborate lyrical verse. 2. A lyric poem usually marked by exaltation of feeling and style, varying length of line, and complexity of stanza forms. 3. A lyrical poem praising or glorifying a person, place, or thing.

So, bring on the poetry!!!

Provide the url address, if you can please or name of poem and poet, so that we may comment on or vote upon their work.

• debbylyn
    16 years ago

Http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/nature/poems.php?id=792212

Ode To A Tree by Dixie Daisy

• Cindy
    16 years ago

Same one for me Deb....you beat me to it :-)