What's the Best Sonnet You've Ever Read on P&Q?

• Robert Gardiner
    16 years ago

What's the Best Sonnet You've Ever Read on this site???

What is the best Sonnet to poem you ever on P&Q. I'm looking to find the best poems in the Sonnet style. I'm looking for poems that are "Romantic" in nature. They can be love poems, nature poems, friendship poems, whatever, as long as they’re of a romantic style and "REALLY GOOD". What I want are the best sonnets, so that I and others may appreciate them.

Sonnet:

1. a fixed verse form of Italian origin consisting of fourteen lines, usually containing ten-syllable to each line. There are many rhyming patterns for sonnets, but typically they are written in iambic pentameter, according to a prescribed scheme.

2. a poem, properly expressive of a single, complete thought, idea, or sentiment, of 14 lines, usually in iambic pentameter, with rhymes arranged according to one of certain definite schemes, being in the strict or Italian form divided into a major group of 8 lines (the octave) followed by a minor group of 6 lines (the sestet), and in a common English form into 3 quatrains followed by a couplet.

Provide the url address, if you can please or name of poem and poet, so that we may comment on or vote upon their work.

• Oceansoul
    16 years ago

Matches , by Apathetic Soul