Ahaha.

• Prophecies In Kodak
    16 years ago

I'm mildly curious..

Say... a person on here were to post my pictures as their own, and refused to take them down, what could be done about this?

I joined another site awhile ago where this occured to a friend as well, and the site owner called it a minor form of "identity" theft and then banned the user from THAT site.

I'm wondering what could be done?
    Or any ideas of what could be done.

• Prophecies In Kodak
    16 years ago

My friend is quite offended by her Paige's use of her pictures, you see.

• Kevin
    16 years ago

It's tricky, especially with most users on this site having myspaces etc, it would be an easy task for someone who was determined, or say, under threat to find other pictures of almost anyone on here and claim it was them.

Has someone stolen your identity Kodak?

• Kevin
    16 years ago

I'd like to think most people in here have enough character in their words that even if they changed their profile picture and name, I'd still be able to spot them.

Our words are the only thing that should matter in here really.

But I know what everyone is really getting at.

• Aken Sol
    16 years ago

Well, we'd probably have to confirm who the real person and the imitator is first. Then we'd kindly ask them to stop posing as another person.

Then, they would put up a different picture because we asked them nicely. Isn't that how the world works?

• Prophecies In Kodak
    16 years ago

Nah. I have had someone here steal mine before. That's how I came about this site. They stole my pictures and my poetry. I was just curious as to what could be done about that, all that was before I knew about the Mod system and yada yada.

Having more pictures wouldnt prove it. In order to get the person that had stolen my pictures and poetry to stop, I made a sign with my name and saying that user was fake.. And scanned a school assignment of a few poems the person had stolen. It is tricky indeed. But I'm just curious as to how people should go about that.

"Let your friend fight her own battles.."

I am, quite frankly. This involves me and my experiences. And a question out of curiosity. My friend just happened to be pulled into it and a further example of it.

Plus, the thread was posted at Britt-o's suggestion, so I took up on it.

• silvershoes
    16 years ago

I say it doesn't really matter. Aren't there bigger battles to be fought? A picture war would be a ridiculous war to battle, indeed. Or an identity war, for that matter.

Haha, ya hooligans. If you can't get your own face...AT LEAST get your own personality. Do yourselves a favor ;)

• Beautiful Chaos
    16 years ago

I'd go looking through her poems for your work too, I found 2 of mine.

• Prophecies In Kodak
    16 years ago

ALAS. See what I mean?

• Fluffy
    16 years ago

^LOL.

• limp
    16 years ago

"Dude leave Paige alone...."

HAHAHAAHHAha hAHAHa haah. haha. ha.