Quotes Suggestion

• Rachel
    16 years ago

I think that you should hide the rating until that person votes.

I don't know what it is, but I always see the rate when I'm reading the quote, and it influences me to go with the rating.

It's just a suggestion. But I think it will be good for the voters.

• selene
    16 years ago

Not a bad idea.

• Pete
    16 years ago

Very good idea Rachel, this would force people to vote for what the actually think of Poetry/quotes rather than just going with the general consensus.

I would like to think most people are honest with the voting - but I guess that's maybe just a tad idealistic.

Nice suggestion.

~Pete.

• HOLLYWOODxBANGBANG
    16 years ago

I like this suggestion, it would be a good thing to bring in .

• PnQ Mod Account
    16 years ago

The lower rated poems I'm more apt to read than the straight 5's.

^^
    good for you Britt!!

Probably the majority of the site thinks it's the other way around.. that people ignore you if you are rated low, and unfortunately I'm sure a lot of people do that.

Honestly, I don't look at the rating at all. I'm actually more interested in the number of comments and/or votes a poem has than what the actual vote or comment is.

If it can be done, then hiding the rating on both poems and quotes would be a good thing, I think. Although people should vote honestly, not based on what the other votes are (meaning both low AND high)

Again, I don't think much will be done with the quotes until we can clean out all the stolen ones.

If you are reading this and you have posted quotes that YOU DID NOT WRITE... do the right thing... and delete them.