Drinking and Writing

• lisa marie
    19 years ago

I don't know about this one. Writing drunk would be extremely difficult. but i can kind of understand what you mean when you said you tend to look on the real side of things. i don't know if i could write drunk.

• AGirlWorthFightingFor
    19 years ago

I can't sit still long enough when I drink to write anything, but I guess I'm what you call a social drinker, and when I do finally sit, I'm too groggy for any of my motor skills to work. I have my family's British tolerance.

• Lostraindrops
    19 years ago

my friend did it once he drank one can and stopped, since he didnt want to get himself hurt...and since he was in a depressed mood he wrote a love poem

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Im a drinker love a goo bottle of wine with a great meal - but writing is the last thing on my mind when Im drunk LoL I get drunk to erase the memories of the things I write about...

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

good - sorry guys something wrong with the D on my keyboard LoL

• SweetDreamer
    19 years ago

well i'm not exactly old enough to become a *drunk*, lol, so I haven't really ran into this problem yet. but if u write better when you're drunk, more power to ya!:P

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

When I'm novel writing and a character is drunk... I get drunk. best way to express the scene.

I make loads of errors, especially word melding but once sober it is easy enough to work out what was going on and re-write with the same feel.

• Incognito
    19 years ago

When i'm drunk i go quiet and thoughtful so if my co ordination was good enough I could probably write a half-decent poem (for my standards anyways). This is something I shall have to test out.