How to write a poem?

• leena
    16 years ago

Hey everyone..
    i'm a new member here.
    i really want to write a poem.
    i have some personal poems that i wrote, but i think that they are not good enough to be published.
    by the way>> english is my second language, i.e english is not my mother tongue.
    so...any one can help me here and till me how to write a poem? and is rhyme very improtant in poems?!, because sometimes i find it really hard!
    i'm waiting to your comments and help
    thanx alot

• Gem
    16 years ago

Basically you get a piece of paper, you grab a pen and you write whatever you want

A poem doesn't have to rhyme, it doesnt have to struture.. it can be WHATEVER you want it to be.

• ABake
    16 years ago

I agree with Gem. Just write. Sometimes it will come naturally or it may take time. Good luck :]]

• leena
    16 years ago

Thanx for answerin' me.....i got the idea :)...wish u good luck too...thanx again

• Gem
    16 years ago

Why don't you try my poetry challenge? It's on this thread.

• leena
    16 years ago

Ok..i will see it and try it too!

• MysticBlood
    16 years ago

It's not a good thing to think that your poem is not good enough. if it ain't good enough, then try again. Never lose hope.
    Rhyming isn't a necissity. Just write down what you really feel. Then and there, nothing could be bad.

• leena
    16 years ago

I will try again..actually what i'm doing these days is after writing a poemi send it to my sis, then she sends me back her comments on it...moreover im planning to talk to my lecturers at the university...so maybe they can help and direct me to the right way (of writing a poem)...any way thanx alot for ur comment...i really got from u and the other's comments that it does not matter if there where a rhyme or not..i shoud write down what i feel..thanx

• Mello193
    16 years ago

I find the easiest poems to rite go like this

Line
    Rhyme
    Line
    Rhyme

Like that...check out peoples peoms and take mental notes

• josh mills
    16 years ago

Well for me it just happens .
    like im just sitting in class and someone says something and someone says something like i hate my parents or i love my girlfriend and i try and create those feelings in writing.

lol its not as hard as it sounds.

• kelsie
    16 years ago

Hey everyone i wrote a poem and i want some one to read it to make sure it is good so can anyone please help me!!!!

kelsie

• kevin Boundy AKA the ghost
    16 years ago

Writing is really easy but rhyming makes it a challenge because i have no problem writing down my emotions but making them flow like a song without a beat to it it isnt easy you have to form the tempo in your head but writing is easy rhymings the hard part

• Flynel
    16 years ago

Just write how you feel, and what you think.. it's just easy.. choose an object and make there a storie of.. or something like that.... You can always try.. and if you think that's the one you can put it here.. I don't think people will turn to your back cause what you've write.. right?

xx Flynel