Who's Online?

• Jennifer RIP Lesthat Hayden
    16 years ago

I know we have a little link we can click on to see who's online but I would like it if we all had a little online or off line symbol next to, or below, our names. I don't want to browse through to see if ONE person is online. I'm not saying we should get rid of that option though, because it's good for many reasons, but I am saying that we should still have little symbols next to our names.

This way if we're in discussion boards or reading private messages, we are able to see if our friend is still online. We can simply move onto something else if they're not rather than asking them if they're online.

I hope this made sense to everyone. :)

• Live WeLL
    16 years ago

First thing that came to mind when reading this was - MySpace... and we def don't need P&Q to turn into that.

16 years ago

I don't want it to turn into myspace. I just think it would be easier. And yes I know it only takes a few minutes to check but it gets annoying. If I'm looking through someone's profile I want to see if they're on NOW. And yeah the first thing I thought of was myspace too. But still, does it really matter that it reminds us all of myspace? If it improves the site then it's good. There are some country's fighting for freedom of speech and I'm sure the first thing many people think is America, but even if they don't like America it doesn't matter, what matters is what's best for them.

• BlueEyedMystery
    16 years ago

I like this idea. I think it would be easier if we could just look on the people's profile. Just my opinion. :]

16 years ago

Yes, indeed. A friend and I tried to send it in before but I'm not sure if we did it right. We sent it through email instead of for the boards. So I'm glad I've discovered this section again. It's actually my first time on it. Yay! I've lost my suggestions board virginity! ^_^

And I'm sure you could have some sort of personal settings that allows you to not be seen.

• Infected with His Deadly Love
    16 years ago

I think what we have now is enough.

• Noir
    16 years ago

The idea to me is kind of unneeded... really!

I mean, it serves no purpose... in terms of the boards and pm's... I think it'll do more irritation, in the long run...

• Noir
    16 years ago

I think that Britt answered the question quite nicely... I like to speak to certain people... but not some virtual unknown...

An example would be that when I was online I recieved a pm from a person who just made a new account, who clearly knew who my name was, and then threated as though he was a moderator... and cancelled his account, as though it was made to annoy me...

16 years ago

Hmm...Perhaps there could be some sort of setting that blocks people from PMing you for as long as you want? As in you sign on, go to your personal settings, set it to block PMs, do your own thing for a while, go back to personal settings, change it to accept PMs, and then you can sign off. Or really you could leave it on block PMs. Oh well. Whatever works best for all of us. For some people my idea may work nicely, for others it may just add complications.

• StandStill
    16 years ago

I love the red stars for the favorite's list..it's nice to know who's online....i know i've pmed somebody and waited around for a reply when i thought they were online and was wrong. lol. it's nice to know if somebody's around. thanks.