Song Title Contest Results & Reviews (Leb. Phoenix)

• Decayed
    12 years ago

------------------------------RESULTS-------------------------------

The poems which came in the first five ranks according to the percentage voting panel (10% Structure + 15% Punctuation +15% Flow + 20% Grammar + 40% Content = T%) are:

1. The House That Built Me, by "The Poetess"

2. The Edge of Glory, by "Miss Sunshine"

3. Boulevard of Broken Dreams, by "The Godfather"

4. Jar of Hearts, by "The Poetess"

5. Teardrops on My Guitar, by "Hold Your Heart"
    . Space Bound, by "The Godfather"

***********YOU ARE ALL WINNERS..**************

The rest of the participants are worth a big applause. I'm honored to mention that they did a great job though they didn't get to take one of the first five ranks. Best of luck in the upcoming contests! Here are the ranks of the rest:

6. If I Die Young, by "Black Heart Still Beating"

7. Midnight Bottle, by "Beautiful Chaos"

8. Set Fire to the Rain, by "kristian Bisig"
    . If I Die Young, by "Unspoken Dream"
    . Angels on the Moon, by "Unspoken Dream"

9. Space Bound, by "Beautiful Chaos"

10. Angels on the Moon, by "kristian Bisig"

----------------------------REVIEWS---------------------------------

#1: The House That Built Me - The Poetess (T%= 93)

This is definitely a poem worth of reading and crying on.. The feelings are just so fervent and gloomy.. I felt just like strolling down heaven.. The idea was so dazzling. I really can't find words to describe the words of The Poetess. She is one of a kind.. Maturity overflows within every verse.. The wording (she is known for mastering it) is flawless.. The feelings are instantly transferred off the screen to your core!
    How she begins this epic piece is brilliant:

I once lived between
    perfumed orchards
    and a heart-shaped
    moon where peace
    hedges my arms and
    leans over the curves
    of my braids, as God
    garnishes the nocturnal
    hums by weird bracelets
    made of nebulas

^ It is so original!!
    The way it analyzed: The House That Built Me wasn't expected at all.. Her mother who is dead now (GOD BLESS HER..May She R.I.P) is that house that made her the girl she is now: Noura Hatem! My favorite part that made my eyes go wet:

Time defrauds us all,
    yes, defrauds us
    as you walked out of my
    dreams, leaving a wonder
    within the empty walls
    of my brain...

&

Still I recall you with a
    blear spirit, along with
    suppressed childhood
    and woebegone secrets.

^^^ these stanzas are Dazzlingly awesome!

The way this poetess craves for her mother was brilliant.. I do know what she felt.. She poured her heart over what she's written..
    And she also ended hysterically!
    She penned a Blazing piece!

#2: The Edge of Glory - Ms Sunshine (T%= 92)

The writer here penned a flawless piece. It was just so perfect in all its aspects.. Structurally, Flow-wise, grammatically, and originality-wise.. It was perfect.
    It's like a piece written from ages. I love these variety of thoughts structured well into this poem.
    It's close to the edge of personal philosophy :)
    It's carved well with its vivid images and mature thoughts.. It needs to be read more than once to grasp the exact meaning, and it'a definitely winning method!
    Very well done.

#3: Boulevard of Broken Dreams - The Godfather (T%= 90)

Actually, if I were applying for this contest, I would've chosen this title to write about.. and the way The GodFather interpreted the title of Green Day's awesome song was epic. This piece is close to perfection.. It flowed so well with these vivid images and very nice idea.

Dreams die here between the holes,
    kicked into submission by tears
    dribbling from your eyes as you
    drop to your knees the hundredth
    time, eyes jerked from the goal

^ Definitely my favorite stanza. I can truly see this image right in front of me. It feels so alive and real! Very empowering stanza!
    And of course, the end was great..
    All in all, it was an awesome small piece, yet leaking with great thoughts..

#4: Jar of Hearts -The Poetess (T%= 87.5)

This piece flowed so good. The wording is great and there are some lovely metaphors used that just gave depth to the piece.
    The title was well analyzed.. The beginning was so original, but the end was somehow expected. Nevertheless, this tender touch of The Poetess is still there.. A unique one.. :)

#5: (A TIE!)

^ 1st poem: Teardrops on My Guitar - Hold Your Heart (T%= 86)

The original song is very nice.. But this is far more poetic. It's a more mature, lovelier replica of the piece. The opening attracted me. It flowed so great, and the idea was well interpreted. Great job.

^ 2nd poem: Space Bound - The Godfather (T%= 86)

When I looked on the length of this poem, I thought awwwwwww.. It would be so bad :p
    But hey.. It turned to be very very very good!
    There were so many descriptive, intermixing details that gave beautiful depth to the poem.. The numbers tightened these terrestrial and space images and made the piece more real.
    And it was a smart piece that was written for a certain double message.
    One the first level, it was used to describe the evolution of species.. And it was so obvious!
    The second level, somehow hidden, I think it was intended to describe a very personal journey.. And this is what made it unique and original!

----------------YOU'll GET YOUR PRIZES WITHIN 7 DAYS MAX--------

*The Honored Participants will also get REVIEWS on their poems.. Don't Worry :D*

____________WAIT FOR THE SECOND CONTEST_______

• average thoughts
    12 years ago

I am so happy to be a part of dis contest..and so so so hapy that my manager won for nt just one but two titles..thanks a lot bro..looking forward to some more contest..

• Beautiful Chaos
    12 years ago

Congrats everyone

• nouriguess
    12 years ago

I won??

• Jenni
    12 years ago

Congrats all :)

• Poet on the Piano
    12 years ago

Congrats everyone! I really loved the reviews and time you put into this Abed :)

Second contest will be even more epic I know it shall be!

• Larry Chamberlin
    12 years ago

Congratulations to all and thanks for the reviews.

• nouriguess
    12 years ago

Oh gosh, now after Abeds PM, I guess, I won, yes...so congrats to alla dn what should I say now?? haha ok thank you! :)

• Decayed
    12 years ago

CONGRATS ALL :)

Just wait for the upcoming contest!

• Innocent Fairy
    12 years ago

Congratulations everyone it was tough but it was also fun :) everyone was great & really good :) :)

• Black Heart Still Beating
    12 years ago

Good job everybody!
    Proud o' ya' :)

• Larry Chamberlin
    12 years ago

Thanks, Abed. No one could ever tell it was your first contest. Great work

• Decayed
    12 years ago

WELCOME ALL...

I'm giving you your prizes..

- The Poetess (DONE)
    - Ms Sunshine (DONE)
    - The GodFather (DONE)
    - HOLD YOUR HEART (DONE)

And the rest, as I said.. you'll get the Feedback I said I'll give to you!! :D
    LOVE YOU ALL..

• nouriguess
    12 years ago

Abeeeddd, when is the second contest!? X( I want it to be now..

• Decayed
    12 years ago

GO CHECK IT NOW!

I hope you like it.

• nouriguess
    12 years ago

Ok, so, I am not a mod or something to decide, but I want you to start doing contests, one after another, ok? (unless this annoys you) because I am improving and enjoying them, a lot! Besides, there are rewards, haha. :)

And yup, I checked it out, it is a bit difficult but fun, I guess you'll have so much participants. xD

Thanks, Abed!

• Decayed
    12 years ago

^
    She's right ;)

• nouriguess
    12 years ago

Wow! so can I consider this as a promise? xD

• Decayed
    12 years ago

OF COURSE!!

I will be making TONS of contests..

There are lots of ideas on my mind, but I want to make original contests! (difficult, but I can manage)

:D