Question

• John Dlyan Boone BABY
    12 years ago

Should i use big type of words or simple?

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

I do both. Sometimes I use simple, or i add bigger words. Do whatever makes the poem have more emotion or flows better :).

• John Dlyan Boone BABY
    12 years ago

Thanks

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

I think you have to use big words only if you really know what you are writing and have good knowledge of those words.

though i prefer simple words, it makes the flow better as Holly has said and you easily express an idea or what you want drawn from that poem

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Use big words if they sound sexy, but make sure that there is balance. You don't want to sound like you ate the thesaurus, but a few scattered larger words can add interest to a poem, as long as it sounds natural.

• John Dlyan Boone BABY
    12 years ago

I like that answer maam very good and i like the way you said it very well i think i should use large words but only solemnization okay :) .

• Decayed
    12 years ago

Sib is right :)

• John Dlyan Boone BABY
    12 years ago

I agree

• Omar
    11 years ago

I think you shoud use both of them.

• Kylead
    11 years ago

I think if its relative flows properly big words are acceptable and good

• Kate
    11 years ago

If you are trying to portray the meaning behind the poem simply then smaller words are better and a lot easier to understand. If you are trying to make the reader think about the meaning of the poem then use larger words.

• Rusheena
    11 years ago

I use both too, according to the style of the poem. If I want it to be raw and honest, I use simple words. When I want it to be metaphorical, I use big words. Or it could be vice-versa. It's really up to what your true style is and what you're feeling at the time you're writing.

But I'd suggest that using big words for the sake of using big words or to seem smart isn't the way to go. Just be yourself and let your own voice come through. That way, no matter which you choose, the reader can still recognize your voice and your style.

• Andrew Packard
    11 years ago

I'm worried that really good poems won't get votes because the average Joe sort of speak may be doing the voting and so if you use big words that the majority of people don't know what they mean your poetry may be over their heads or too deep for them to comprehend. The same may go for presidential elections, Ron Paul may deserve to win but the average person isn't going to vote for him... Take the word 'Aseity' for example. The computer even underlined it, it doesn't even know what it means, it is in Wikipedia though and we learned it in philosophy class.

• Kyela Jackson
    11 years ago

I agree that is why I feel know one really relates to my poetry because use a lot of metaphors

• Amreen
    11 years ago

True enough... !!

• ddavidd
    11 years ago

Use only words that inspire you.