Contests

• Adelle
    11 years ago

Where did all the contests go? A couple of years ago when I used this site all the time there were new contests on practically a daily basis. I have just started to get back into writiing again and there is nothing around. Where did every one go?

• Amreen
    11 years ago

Well dear Adelle... you are right... I too am amazed to see no contests running...

• Poet on the Piano
    11 years ago

I know. I remember too a few years back creating some and then writing for them...there were new ones each week. I miss that, it was so creative and inspiring =) I feel now more work and collaborations are being done inside clubs. There's lot of activity starting up there since members have joined and poets have been forming new clubs.

• Adelle
    11 years ago

Maybe the three of us should start up a couple of competitions and see if we can get people interested again. I also used to find competitions inspiring they helped me develop so much.

• Poet on the Piano
    11 years ago

Sure! That's a good idea. Maybe we could do a themed contest or something? The only hard part is figuring out a deadline, I mean I don't know how many times a week people check this forum.

• Amreen
    11 years ago

Yeah Adelle, I agree. We could set up a contest... And it would be fun...
    Well, PP, I agree with u on the deadline thing...
    But if we just think of that, we could never step forward...
    Lets start one and then when we see people pouring in, we can set a deadline...
    What say?

• Adelle
    11 years ago

I am liking this, I think for people to submit they need a deadline. Christmas is coming people usually have a bit more time over Christmas so how about if we have the deadline for after the holiday's? Maybe start of January we could make it a month. Theme ideas how about we all throw a few in and then we can decide on a joint favourite?

• Poet on the Piano
    11 years ago

^ That's a great idea! It's already the start of the month and I'm sure people will be busy getting ready for Christmas....so maybe the beginning of January?

• Adelle
    11 years ago

Sounds good to me!

• La Reina De Corazones
    11 years ago

Same here! :) but what is the topic? lol