Should i or shouldn't i?

• La Reina De Corazones
    11 years ago

I got my ASVAB exam scores today and i got a 57 should i get into the military? i mean i want to and i will lose the weight necessary for me to be in it... but should i do it?

Queen Ash

• TSI25
    11 years ago

Shoulds coulds and woulds.

you probably could do it.

if you think the country is worth dying for, and you feel the need to do your part for it then you probably should too.

is joining the military the way you would choose to serve your country? it isnt the way i would personally, but if its the way that you would then... that about answers it for you.

• La Reina De Corazones
    11 years ago

Thanks! :) yes i would give my life for my country it has given me so many liberties that i take for granted EVERY day and i don't realize it! i really love my country and like i said it's worth the cost so thank you for your answer i thank you! :)

Queen Ash

• Kevin
    11 years ago

Usually I'd never advise someone to NOT do something unless they directly asked me what I thought...but seeing as you did here goes.

Don't join the military unless you kinda want to go kill other people, or help get them killed. If you fancy being a hired merc for the Government, go do it.

I think it is a really bad life choice and I say that knowing both my Grandparents fought the Nazi's during the second world war for the freedoms I enjoy today. Doesn't change the fact I think it is a bad idea.

• La Reina De Corazones
    11 years ago

Thanks for the advise darling... i know that people think that adn i know there are always a mix of emotions on that but still...

• The Queen
    11 years ago

First and foremost, you should decide if you should even join the military. It is not for everyone, and some people find that out too late.

Make sure that your reason is just to serve your country, and not to run away from something at home.

Also, have you ever thought about what would happen to you if you joined military? There is a very real possiblity that you may return dead, diasbled or with psychological problems, think how difficult it would be to find employment afterwards.

Just what Kevin said, and personally, I think there is no honor in volunteering to go anywhere in the world and kill anybody you are told to, or worst, be killed.

• La Reina De Corazones
    11 years ago

My queen i know there are risks BUT i think i would do great in surving my counrty that's my only reason my queen! i swear

Queen Ash

• Kevin
    11 years ago

There are other, better ways to serve your country aside from being a soldier. Be a teacher, a nurse or work with drug/homeless issues, IE, actually serve the people of your country rather than the government of your country.

Soldiers don't "serve" their country, they serve the politiciians.

• TSI25
    11 years ago

I dont like war either kevin, but judging from everything shes posted, shes known the answer to her question since before she posted it.

• NobodyKnowsItButMe
    11 years ago

A patriotic line for you cutie:
    "Let the eternal beauty of your native land spring from within yourself!" lol

• La Reina De Corazones
    11 years ago

Yes my dear TSI25 i have known the answer to my question i just had to really dig in myself to come to that decision but thank you all for your advise!

Queen Ash

• Selfrejected
    11 years ago

I was in the military infantry and Navy. It's useless a complete waste of your time if you have any brain power what so ever.

What I mean by brain power. Is that you're able to turn a screw. It is the most monotonous job you could have in your entire life. Going overseas is depressing and extremely boring. Plus, you get the threat of possibly dying. If you get injured you're done and useless your contract is voided and you're let go.

In the Canadian Forces we had a saying "hurry up and wait." That's literally all your going to do your whole career. My stint in the military was merely a way for me to save for an education. Sadly, I wasn't dumb enough to be brain washed into believing what I did mattered.

As you can tell I hated my time in the military but that's because I saw it for what it was a boys club for people with no ambition.

• TSI25
    11 years ago

Asking questions, the answers to qhich you already know, for the purposes of self re assurance is behavior that probably wont be supported in the military...