Cheating

• DeathsRose
    11 years ago

My friend's mother called me and said that she found out that my husband was holding my friend's hand. She then said that if he or I EVER contact our friend again (either through text or phone calls or facebook or hanging out) she will have us arrested) she claims that just by them holding hands he is cheating on me with her and she doesn't want her daughter to be any part of that. But thats not it...He told me all about it and I told him that we are all mutual friends and I didn't mind them holding hands because I knew nothing was going on.

• sibyllene
    11 years ago

How would she possibly have you arrested?

It sounds like you have more trust in your husband than this lady does in her daughter. I wonder why she didn't just talk to her daughter directly.

The hand holding thing is a little weird, but maybe it's not odd within your friend group, and I just don't know your group dynamic. But as long as you two are on the same page, I don't see what harm it could do.

• Autuumnbree
    11 years ago

I have many friends who are marry and I will never be comfortable with one of my friends husband holding my hand it seems weird.

I hope you trust is not broken..take care.

• DeathsRose
    11 years ago

It's not odd in my circle of friends...but...And I trust my husband enough to believe he won't break my trust.

• La Reina De Corazones
    11 years ago

I may be cynical here but don't completely trust your husband i know that i should trust my fiance but past experiences made me cynical don't think the worst nor the best of your husband be content with being with your husband and frankly that mother shouldn't be messing with other people's personal life i know it sounds mean BUT i mean it's YOUR husband NOT hers so she should stay to her life no offence mysterious person

Queen Ash

• DeathsRose
    11 years ago

My friend's mother called the brother-in-law to get the whole story after my friend told her mother they were not really holding hands just standing close next to each other and he did come clean and told her he lied. Now my friend's mom is ok with us...But on an unrelated note my friend's mom got mad at my friend for something else and took away her phone for 2 days and her house keys for an undefined period of time. She's 24 not a baby I mean I do feel bad for her, but I'm going to stay out of this one.

• La Reina De Corazones
    11 years ago

Do as you wish sweetie! :)

Queen Ash

• Beauty In The Breaking
    11 years ago

Psshh your friend is not a child or teenager, her mother has no say in who she keeps as friends or what she does with those friends in the first place. She would have no grounds at all for arresting anyone, that just smacks of drama starting to me.

My friends and I are like that, we're all in relationships, some of us in committed, engaged relationships, and we have no problem holding hands or hugging or snuggling during a movie, we're just close and that's how it is. It's not always a thing to worry about peoples.

And about your friends mothers latest drama thing...good choice to stay out of it, it's between them. But it is absolutely ridiculous. She sounds unhealthily controlling if you ask me.