Chemistry Vs. Compatibility which is of greater value to a relat

• Robert Gardiner
    11 years ago

Chemistry Vs. Compatibility which is of greater value to a relationship?

Chemistry refers to your Rapport (Connection) the way you feel about one another (those Sparks, Butterflies, Fireworks you feel) that longing to be close to one another and the Physical Attraction you feel towards one another.

Compatibility refers more to the Symmetry of Spirit, Character, Values, and Outlook you share, to your Similarities as people and in their individual personalities.

As far as Chemistry goes, there are different types of Chemistry. There is Physical Chemistry (Attraction)where you find each other physically attractive and stimulating, There is also Mental Chemistry, where you have an Affinity (liking) of one another's Intellect, and Sexual Chemistry where you have sparks and fireworks sexually (a fervent sex life).

And just as there are different types of Chemistry, there are different of Compatibility. There is Emotion Compatibility where you share a harmony of feelings an empathy towards one another. You can also have a Compatibility of Spirit/Character - whereas your inner natures are the same, you hare the same values and life outlook. There also Compatibility of Personality where you basically enjoy the same things and your personas (actions) are alike. And then, there's having Compatibility of Interest - where you enjoy the same activities and like doing the same things.

Which is more important to prosperity and long-term sustaining of a relationship?

• Daylight Lucidity
    11 years ago

In my own opinion, I feel as though compatibility is more important than chemistry in all honesty. Though I do believe chemistry is vital in a relationship, compatibility defines the whole relationship. Therefore if you lack that, your chemistry is going to be lacking as well, whether you notice said lack of feelings or not.

So basically, I think compatibility is more important in a relationship. Chemistry can be worked on, you know, like trying new things to stimulate things in the relationship. Compatibility cant be forced nor can it really be worked on, you can find things you both have in common, but not force on thing upon your partner.

• La Reina De Corazones
    11 years ago

I go with her on this one chemstry can be made and i like the one about Personality one i mean people have to have some feelings for the other no matter for whatever it is! :)

• Dark Secrets
    11 years ago

I believe both are important. We choose our partners through chemistry and can only stay with them through compatibility. So basically rarely do we have a relationship that started without chemistry. The only relationships like that are online or long distance where the person got to know the other before they actually met. This way compatibility makes the person see the other differently, even if they're not really "their type" appearance wise. Also, part of compatibility is chemistry, because you can be compatible in many ways, personality wise, career wise, hobby wise and also appearance. So, that's why I believe that they are of equal importance.

However, if you asked me what I would prefer, a person I am compatible with but not attracted to or a person I am attracted to but not compatible with I'd have a different answer. I would prefer to be with someone I am compatible with but not attracted to because attraction and chemistry can come after knowing a person and falling in love with their personality and it changes even how we see them.