Lost in transition

• Dancing Rivers
    9 years ago

Hi...this is strange, for some reason I feel like a little kid going into school for the first time, um....yeah in a nutshell, I'm new here, I'm usually outgoing but somehow I've lost my self confidence due to current life (well, love) situations, and yeah, I'm basically just looking for like minded people to chat to, about anything at all, just kinda lonely.and this is really awkward, I'm treating this page like an agony aunt article.forgive me.um...so yeah, anybody who is up for a chat?I promise I'm a far better converser when it's one ..on one

• Poet on the Piano
    9 years ago

Hi, Hazel! Nice to meet you and hope you don't feel too awkward. I promise, none of us bite, at least not that I've seen :) We all share a love of poetry and I feel that's what unites us. We may not all be active at the same time but it can comforting to be able to have a place to share and read others' thoughts.

Feel free to share your ideas on discussions here or create your own topic too.

~MaryAnne

• Dancing Rivers
    9 years ago

Hey Mary Anne, thank you for the encouragement,I am feeling much more at ease now that I have had a chance to explore and I can truly say that I love love love this place, it's like a private little world for poets, what could be more fantastic :-) also,I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the welcome, as well as the advice on my poems,I truly appreciate it, you've made me feel better than at home, both you and Andrea and I thank you for that, also, please feel free to read and comment on my other poems, you really give me a fresh aspect of what poetry and the analysis thereof is all about,I would be so grateful to you.thank you :-)

• Poet on the Piano
    9 years ago

Sure thing, no problem! Glad you love this place already and it's definitely a warm community, especially if you join a club it's like a family. I've been a member of this site for about seven years and I have learned and still learn so much from other poets on here.

How long have you been writing for?
    Oh, and here's a thread that was recently created if you want to introduce yourself. Some members have posted the basics, what interests them, name, etc:

http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/discussion/topic.html?topic_id=142996

• Dancing Rivers
    9 years ago

I do, this is an awesome site, for want of a better phrase, I'm like a kid in a candy store, or perhaps a bee in a field of roses :-) thanks I'll check out the link,I appreciate it :-)

• Dancing Rivers
    9 years ago

Oh yeah I believe you asked me a question to rich I did not respond.I've been writing most of my life but wrote what I call my first poem five or so years ago you can check it out, is called my pets pet :-)