Dexter talk.

• Poet on the Piano
    9 years ago

Sorry if this is random rambling! Probably because it's me talking at 12:41 AM here. But I just finished Season 1 of Dexter on Netflix (I know I'm behind, there are 8 seasons)... it's twisted and dark but somehow incredibly thought-provoking. Does anyone else watch it? There was a quote that intrigued me from this season:

"Keeping the truth from the people closest to you is how you'll survive, and how you'll protect them if anything ever goes wrong." - Harry Morgan

Agree or disagree? I think it's kind of sad if you have to wear a mask. I'm for the truth, even if Dexter revealed who he was, and his murders were linked, he would have to face time because he still killed people. Even if the people weren't saints and had a dark side too, consequences are consequences, even though in his mind, he was doing better than some by not taking lives of innocent.

Made me think of how the truth must always come out - even if it hurts others, even if it puts you in jeopardy at some point.

• La Reina De Corazones
    9 years ago

I agree to that quote, because while I have nothing to hide much, I do not like having people in my life knowing what I do and cannot do, I like having privacy and for years I've "lied" just to save my secrets. If I ever did tell anyone my secrets it's because I trust them enough to let them inside my heart and mind but by much. I'm not in the grey, I've always been light (sort of everyone is grey in my mind no is innocent, no one) but I quite argree with Mark the truth will come out eventually. That being said nice post.

• Poet on the Piano
    9 years ago

Glad to meet another fan, Mark! And hmm, I did wonder why there 8 seasons. That worries me if they're just dragging the story line out. I'd rather have finality and have it mean something then adding simply to add. Almost done with season 3 now. I've been binge-watching them (not good lol but my curiosity gets the best out of me)

I liked what they did with this season in establishing Dexter finding his own identity, and testing the waters of friendship with Miguel. I actually wasn't expecting him to question Harry or deviate from the code but it's interesting how he's finding his own voice, and there's moments with what Harry would say, whether Dexter agrees or not, etc.

Nope, never watched Breaking Bad, but have heard good things about it.

Yep, the "grey" part. Dexter definitely is in that. I feel we can all have that, situational or circumstantial as you said though.

• Poet on the Piano
    9 years ago

"Darling Rita, once you were a dream and a prayer. Now our future is as bright as the sun glinting off the morning dew. And I vow that I will..." Sounds like I'm marrying a unicorn.

I about died at this part lol!