"The horror", things from movies that still trouble you.

• CJ Maleney
    7 years ago, updated 7 years ago

As the tittle suggests (for those who know it) mine comes from the movie Apocalypse Now.

It's not the scene where Marlon Brando is killed but the scene where the buffalo is slaughtered, horrific horrific horrific. At least I think it was a buffalo.

I'm not a vegetarian or anything but that scene still sticks in my head, and it's still worse than any horror movie I've ever watched

A.R

Oh and clowns, anything with clowns bbbrrrrr. Beep beep Ritchie beep beep. From IT.

Ps I've copied this from another part of the forum as I posted in the wrong bit

• Jamie
    7 years ago

Nothing, but i cannot wait for the new IT movie :)

• Larry Chamberlin
    7 years ago

Two things from two movies:

When the Blob oozes out through the movie screen

A pair of binoculars that when adjusted thrust thin blades through the user's eyes & into their brain

Both were from the 50s when I was a kid.

• CJ Maleney replied to Jamie
    7 years ago

Braver than I lol

• CJ Maleney replied to Larry Chamberlin
    7 years ago

I'm gonna have to Google the later, because I'm weird like that

• Hellon
    7 years ago

Why are so many people afraid of clowns? It seems quite a common fear and I can't figure out why?

I'd say it's mostly the music to certain movie scenes that creeps me out...The Phycho Theme is scary and also all the music from Tubular Bells...I still think of The Exorcist every time...shivers!!!

• silvershoes
    7 years ago

To name one: A scene from one of the SAW movies when someone is in a room/container that shrinks in on them and their bones start snapping... you can see it and hear it. I turned the movie off and did not watch further. I don't know why I watched the entire first movie. I don't like seeing people in torturous physical pain, real or fake.

• CJ Maleney replied to silvershoes
    7 years ago

I haven't seen that but can imagine it

Gruesome

• CJ Maleney replied to Hellon
    7 years ago

I think I must be the only person that hasn't seen the exorcist.

• Hellon replied to CJ Maleney
    7 years ago

It's probably quite tame by today's standards but the music worked so well with it back then that it still sticks in my mind haha!!

I remember visiting Universal Studies not long after the Jaws movies and going on a train which derailed while crossing the water and all of a sudden "Jaws' appeared right beside me. Well, of course it scared the sh*t out of me but then I saw that it was only half a body on a rail system and I was ok with it then. But...the music..I still remember that :)

• Thomas replied to silvershoes
    7 years ago

I actually enjoy the Saw movies personally, but there is a scene in the series that bothers me every time I watch the second film involving a person being thrown into a pit of needles. As someone who severely dislikes needles, I actually just close my eyes during the scene now. It's easier that way.

• CJ Maleney replied to Hellon

Gotta admit that would be bloody creepy.

Oddly I find tubular bells rather soothing lol

• Ben Pickard
    7 years ago

When Bambi's mother dies...

• CJ Maleney replied to Ben Pickard

My mother took me to the cinema to watch it.

What a bi+€h, lol

Oh yeah nice family day that was

• CJ Maleney replied to Thomas
    7 years ago

See that's one I don't think would bother me too much,

• Liz
    7 years ago

I can't really think of anything right away. I love horror movies, so gory or shocking scenes don't bother me. Clowns don't freak me out lol

I guess when animals get hurt in movies haha
    Like in Hollow Man (?). When Kevin Bacon slams the puppy against the walls.
    That's one of the worse scenes in any movie for me.

• Nicko

I remember watching a movie called Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte... there's a part in a movie at the top of these large a severed head goes tumbling down the stairs. I was really really young, far to young to be watching it and i near sh*t myself as it bounced down the stairs, I had nightmares for months and months...

• silvershoes replied to Liz
    7 years ago

I can't stand seeing animals hurt either, real or fake. When John Wick's puppy is killed in John Wick... UGHHHH!!!!!

• Nicko
    7 years ago

That's a good movie .. the first is better than the second one

• Liz replied to silvershoes
    7 years ago

I was going to mention John Wick, but then I remembered Hollow Man! I don't watch movies where animals die, haha. I can't even look at a picture of Hachi without getting teary eyed. I'm such a baby LOL

My cousin rescues cats and dogs where she lives and it's so heartbreaking to look at the pictures and videos. I want to take them all lol

• Liz replied to Nicko
    7 years ago

Didn't know there was a second one!

• Larry Chamberlin
    7 years ago

Death & destruction to dogs & cats?
    Worst ever: the making of Milo & Otis

• silvershoes replied to Larry Chamberlin
    7 years ago

I've seen it so many times and still can't remember, do they die in the movie? I remember it being happier than that :/

• Liz
    7 years ago

I just read a few articles and it sounds horrible what they did behind the scenes. Whether the allegations are true or not, the clip I just watched with the cat makes me not want to watch it. :(

• Larry Chamberlin replied to silvershoes
    7 years ago

Several cats were outright killed doing the "stunts" and a couple of pups were either killed or maimed.
    In the scene where the cat "jumps" from the rock into the waves three cats died when they were Thrown Off. One dog was maimed so badly by the bear cub that he was put down. Another dog drowned.

• Liz
    7 years ago

So, I read through a list of different movies where animals were harmed and Apocalypse Now was on that list. The slaughtering of the buffalo was real and apparently not illegal. The indigenous tribe were already going to sacrifice it in their ritual and the filmmakers decided to film it anyway.

This makes me question everything. O.O

• silvershoes

Larry, that's horrible and I'm ashamed for having loved the movie for so long. It's where Milo's name came from, as I suspect is the same for most orange cats named Milo. Anyway, I don't think I ever want to see it again. Very upsetting. Ugh.

• Milo
    7 years ago

The red door in the Insidious. Its a metaphor when you cross over when you OBE into another dimensional plane. That door representing the malevolent nature of OBE's, haunts those that are travelers in their sleep. That's about it, everything else in that movie is a bad representation of OBE, or astral projection.

• Melpomene
    7 years ago

Don't worry Jane, I did not realise that Milo and Otis was filled with such horrible events until December last year. My partner and I were watching it, I hadn't seen it since I was a kid and decided to google it out of curiosity. Lots of information came up that was extremely sad. As a massive animal lover I wont watch the movie again. Breaks my heart. I had a bunny I named Milo when I was a kid, too.

As for horror movies, I hate them. More of a comedy person myself and have watched few horrors in my short lifetime. Paranormal horror doesn't freak me out as much, however any movie with blood and gore gets to me. Hostel is one in particular, with the eyeballs. Also the cutting of the leg in saw.

• Phil
    7 years ago

Salem's lot... I was younger, woke up, couldn't sleep so went downstairs to seek out my mum and she was watching this I knew I wouldn't be able to watch it as it was on late (I remember it being so dark when I sneaked and being scared lol) and a guy was being cut in two, horrific.

• Ren
    7 years ago

I would definitely have to agree about the Saw movies. I felt sick to my stomach through all of them and couldn't get through much without having to look away. Someone mentioned the part about the girl being tossed into the pile of needles-I still think about how horrendous that was!
    I don't usually have too much trouble watching scary movies or recovering from them...but I remember watching the Chucky movies as a kid with my brothers (the evil, creepy looking killing doll) and having nightmares for months after that. I would lie awake at night and think I saw a mass of red hair lingering at the foot of my bed...

• Naughtymouse
    7 years ago

Being 12 and watching the Evil Dead when everyone had gone to bed .....that cellar door is too freakin much lol