Weekly Contest Results, 22 January 2018

• PnQ Mod Account
    6 years ago

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Winners:

“Wrapped Within A Wish” by CJ Maleney (21: 10+7+4)
    “Turning back and looking forward” by Michael (20: 10 + 10)
    “Wings of My Prayer” by Scott Cole (17: 10 + 7)

HMs:

“Acrostic Milly Hayward” by Milly Hayward (10 points)
    “A Feather” by Hellon (8: 4 points + 4 points)
    “Dreams of a Chicken” by Mortal Utopia (7 points
    “A Winter’s Dream” by Robert Daniel Long (7 points)
    “Divisions of Time” by Scott Cole (7 points)
    “This is my Soul” by Dagmar Wilson (4 points)
    “Paths” by Maher (4 points)

Comments:
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    “Wrapped Within A Wish” by CJ Maleney
    “That first stanza just sucks you right in and wraps the reader in soft fluffy love - Your blowing a kiss and its floating on stardust and on top of that its wrapped within a wish how much more love could you squeeze into so few words. This whole piece leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy and thinking I want one lol. It is a beautifully written poem with great effortless flow and an absolute winner for me.” (10 points)
    ------------------------------
    “This is a sweet, poetic piece that shows us (in my opinion) that even though we are feeling lonely or indeed alone that someone, somewhere cares. This is something I needed to read right now so thank you.” (7 points)
    “If this week wasn’t such a strong showing, I would’ve easily given this a poem a 10 on any other week. Seriously it was hard to narrow down three poems this week. I’m still sure this will poem do well regardless, it’s such a beautiful write. Heart touching. Well done.” (4 points)

“Turning back and looking forward” by Michael

“This is yet another descriptive, melodious and creative piece which makes the heart warm and the eyes wet. What a beautifully crafted piece.” (10 points)
    “It’s not often that I’m in complete awe from the get go, but with an amazing line like ” Your heart is an organ”, you know this poem is destined from greatness. This is a beautiful write, there’s something whimsical about it. The diction and the use of imagery were chosen masterfully.” (10 points)

“Wings of My Prayer” by Scott Cole
    “Wow! I really appreciate Scott's creativity here. At first the poem appears light with how he expressed his desire with metaphors of flight/flying. But in the later parts, one can feel how much the writer longs for the presence of a person whom he has undoubtedly great love for. And that longing was even intensified when he went on his knees again, like it was something he will not get tired of doing, as he would not give up hope that one day they will meet again. A touching write that also is very greatly rhymed.” (10 points)
    “This poem brought tears to my eyes. Losing a family member is a significant emotional setback in a person's life, and having to go through the pain again with each memory of them is as difficult as the very first time. The emotions flow very well and the repetition of the first paragraph at the end emphasizes on the melancholy the poet is experiencing in memory of his beloved grandmother. The poem, in all, is very well crafted and flows beautifully in the form of a story. Very well done.” (7 points)

“Acrostic Milly Hayward” by Milly Hayward
    “Poetry at its core is about portraying all the depth hidden in all your feelings and growing through each projection. This poem gives out a strong message: for others, to look beneath all the exteriors of a person and to our own self, to find strength within ourselves; and the poet has put this beautifully in this acrostic poem. Beautiful.” (10 points)

“A Feather” by Hellon

“An excellent piece that takes the reader through a magical journey the seasons through the journey of a feather. A beautifully written unique piece that represents the freedom of a free spirit. Definitely a poem that stood out as being different.” (4 points)
    “A beautiful poem using the feather as the main character. The opening lines were successful in creating the image of a beautiful feather floating, swirling and twirling in the air. I love how its journey was described in parallel to the seasons, just like our journey in life has seasons. There is a ray of hope at the end, although one cannot fully know how life would turn out. Great imagery and inspiration.” (4 points)

“Dreams of a Chicken” by Mortal Utopia
    “The masterful use of imagery to paint a drawing of hope is done with mastery and a poet’s touch. I’m in awe of how the writer managed to accomplish this piece given well, a chicken. It’s testimony to how a poet views the world is different from how the average person views the world. It’s a beautiful write” (7 points)

“A Winter’s Dream” by Robert Daniel Long
    “I have to admit I am carried away by the subtle romantic quality of this piece. I like the title, and I am very happy that the content was also as dreamy as it is. I love the 'voice' of the poem here, its eloquent and passionate. The flow is also amazing, it's like the very words randomly flowed out of the speaker's heart, it flowed so naturally and is heartwarming. Very beautiful!” (7 points)

“Divisions of Time” by Scott Cole
    “I just loved this piece the rhyming and flow of time within time. "Is it the sun that winds the clock or the clock that moves the sun that makes our days come undone?" sets the scene for a poem that dances through time and how it functions within its many parts. What's gone and yet to come and the here and now. It was a lovely thought provoking piece that was a compelling read with its imagery and captivating musings. I particularly liked the excellent closing lines - "our countdown to a fresh tomorrow - the decline of our used up yesterdays”” (7 points)

“This is my Soul” by Dagmar Wilson

“This piece for me was different (in a good way) and most certainly unique in that it shows that us as humans have our very own unique way of picking up on bad/good vibes and knowing where we are something is or isn't right. Way to go Dagmar” (4 points)

“Paths” by Maher
    “What a romantic poem! It seems to be written right from the heart of Aphrodite (the Goddess of love). It is beautiful; it is filled with emotion; it has heart melting imagery, and is every bit lovable. Beautiful.” (4 points)

• CJ Maleney
    6 years ago

Wow, I am totally blown away by this poem getting a win. I was amazed it was even nominated and I need to say a massive thank you to Michael for doing so.

Also sending a massive thank you to the judges who voted and left such lovely comments. I'm fact thank you to our judges one and all. I know how difficult it can be at times, so respect to you all.

Not sure who our host was this week but once again thank you for all your hard work.

Finally well done to all our winners, HM's and to all nominated, you are all spectacular.

Regards all

Craig

• mossgirl19
    6 years ago

Congratulations Craig, Michael and Scott! Congratulations to our HMs as well! A really wonderful week of poetry. Thank you all for posting your beautiful poetry and thank you to our judges, our host, and to our mods.

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

Congrats to the front pagers - guys are catching up to the ladies!
    Seriously, great selections. Congrats to the HMs and those nominated as well.
    Thanks, judges and thanks to Mark for hosting.

• Meena Krish replied to Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

Congratulations to the front page Winners and all those who
    received a HM!

Thank you judges for your time and thanks for hosting Mark :)

• Hellon
    6 years ago

Congratulations to the winners and thank you for your lovely comments judges...also, thank you Naazz (now I know you go by the name Black hole :)) for the nomination...very much appreciated all.

• Michael
    6 years ago

Hi All :)

Thank you to all the judges for their time, as always sifting through such great poems, and for the lovely comments on my poem. Congratulations to all winners and HMs.
    Thank you to Scott for my nomination, for a front page splash.

Much love
    Michael :)x

• Kitty Cat Lady
    6 years ago

Congrats to Craig, Michael and Scott for your well deserved wins and to the fabulous HM's too :-) x
    =^.^=

• Em
    6 years ago

Well done all winners so very worthy and HMs too