A genuine thanks

• Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

Thank you so much to every single member of this site who has shown me support over the last couple of years; moderators included, believe it or not.
    Over the last couple of days, I have been goaded into acting in a way that demeans me most of all, but the site in general. I am a father and a husband I don't want to be that person ever, although I am fully aware that I have it in me.
    My passion is and always will be poetry and this site has been an incredible addition to my life where I have met so many wonderful people and read so many wonderful poems. I promised myself a while back I wouldn't get involved on the main boards, but I cannot keep promises even to myself it seems.
    Anyway, in light of recent events and because of other issues too, I am closing my account with regret, but I would like to say a special thank you to some special people on here who have shown me the most support.
    Michael - Mr Darcy (you know where I am)
    Em - no words for what you give to this site.
    Naomi - thanks for everything.
    Milly - always there with some sound advice.
    Jane - I'm sorry and thank you for always being understanding.

And last but in no way least, Andrea. You are an inspiration to us all and you have nothing but my complete respect and support, especially at this truly dreadful time in your life. You know I am always at the end of an email.

All the best to everyone on here,

Ben

• deeplydesturbed replied to Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

Benny - god knows if youll ever see this but we all love you.
    I realise life right now isnt the best - however please come back when your ready.

I appologise you felt you needed to close the account. It truely isnt right for someone to feel that, especially in a tight comunity like this one..

Things will not be the same without the sonnet king around..
    If you ever want to chat, let me know through michael or someone. You are not alone in this world - we are all here to help any way we can and i will carry you myself if i have to..

Benny - finally, thank you for constantly advising how to improve pieces with little tips and insites.. thank you for your constant assistance with our private club and all the pieces we collaborated on.. from the bottom of my soul, thank you Benny for your friendship..

Love
    Naomi

• Brenda
    6 years ago

Ben, I will truly miss you. You are a amazing poet and I have truly enjoyed conversing with you. This site won't be the same without you on it. Please come back when you feel ready. Be well my friend -Brenda

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

Ben,
    I know you will read this, so let me say you will be missed. Come back when you’re ready. You can easily find me if you want to talk.

• ddavidd
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

I too feel sorry you needed to leave, and also contributed to the fact of your leaving. You are undeniably a great rhymester. Poetry means dealing with high emotions and great ones like you, sometime get those emotional tribulations stronger than others. I am sure you will be back. I have been there so many times. Your place in the front page would be missed. And that would be a great loss for those who compare their works to yours striving to improve themselves.

• Milly Hayward

Ben
    As Casey and the Sunshine band said..."Please don't Go...."

You are without exception one of the most noble, kind hearted & supportive men (apart from Stephen of course) that I ever met in all of my travels. You inspire people and are truly an exceptional poet and genuinely nice person.

The circumstances that pushes you beyond your endurance would have tested the patience of a saint.

We will miss your friendly face and all of your many encouraging interactions and not least your wonderful poetry and the site will be so much poorer in your absence.

I hope from the bottom of my soul that one day you will return. You always will have a warm place in our hearts

All my love Milly x

• Dagmar Wilson
    6 years ago

My dear Ben now you know that I and many others miss you. You are an amazing poet and it is not the same without you. You have encouraged and supported me during my dark times and whatever the reason is I am here for you. Hugs to you

• silvershoes

Ben, as I was online when you posted this and was able to message you privately, you already know how I feel. We are all hopeful that you come back after a restful break. The PnQ halls will feel empty without you gracing them with your beautiful poetry and warm company. Yesterday/today was just a blip in our friendship and you continue to have a special place in my heart. Forgive yourself. Heal yourself. Come back anew.

• Kitty Cat Lady
    6 years ago

Ben, having grace in the face of such relentless provocation is something we all aspire to, but rarely achieve, and believe me, we all have it in us to react as you did - you've endured it for longer so reached your limit first.

You're an absolutely top fella in so many ways and I've really appreciated your support and your listening ear, as well as your gentle and constructive encouragement.

Your poetry is truly outstanding and this site will be all the poorer in your absence.
    I will miss you.
    Lia x

• Maple Tree
    6 years ago

I love you Ben

• Em replied to Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

Ben I've read this lots now and each time I have been lost for words and extremely saddened by how things turned out BUT I hope at some point you come back, head held high and realise how valued you are on this site.

I would like to thank you too for always being a good friend with good advice in poetry and otherwise also know you're loved dearly here by your extended poetry family.

All the best, always.
    Take care

I hope you read this

• Ingrid
    6 years ago

Hi Ben,

You will be back, I know.
    Try and remeber that on the net, people are often not what they appear to be and don't let anyone get under your skin that you have not met in real life. So many have no means of getting back in daily life to people who do them wrong and then resort to doing it on line to people who are not deserving of such treatment. I am not aware of what happened prior to you leaving this time, but I am sure someone treating you badly.
    Remember that you are here with one purpose only and that is to share your talent, that you have in abundance. Such a pity to delete your work time and time again. Why not leave for a few weeks or even months and let others enjoy your work whilsts you are away? Most on here have had no part in what happened and miss your words. You give a lot of time to this site when you are here. Give from the heart, Ben. Don't ask anything in return. that way, you will never be dissapointed when your input is not met with the respect it deserves. Some people are just not able to show respect on line, as it is so easy to bully from the safety of their home. Believe me, in real life they are the cowards that walk around with their heads bowed down.
    Come back dear, and do what you do so well, the good souls of this site miss your nice comments and your great poetry :-)

All the best, Ingrid

• Ben
    6 years ago

Ben,

we've spoken ALOT over the last few years, happy to sad and everywhere in between, I know how it goes so all I will say for now is speak soon.....you genuinely are a top bloke and I know I can speak for most here when I say that you really have brought so much inspiration and support to many members...many of which considers you a friend and so do your thing, take your time and come back when you're cool :)

Ben