who do u think

• Heather M Craig
    19 years ago

instead of the usually asked question here of whos on your fave lists...who do u think is a very overated poet on here? dont be too harsh on anyone but please share your answer...thanks.

• lisa marie
    19 years ago

right now i can only think of one. Morgan Boyd

there are a lot of others too.

• Heather M Craig
    19 years ago

why do you say that?

• Kevin
    19 years ago

There are many poets in here who, either because they've been here for so long or because they are just so well known, have a kind of Hero worship thing going on...like a backslapping club.

No one ever really says anything but congrats on their poems...it's all:

"Wow...i'm so moved and you're so great and i love your work and oh i think i just orgasmed!!!"

Maybe they deserve it eh? Or maybe it's a celebrity culture.

Oh as soon as there are 4 golden letters next to my name i'll be famous too and not in the slightest way bitter!!

: )

• Ð맆îñ¥
    19 years ago

i think everything people get o here they deserve.

• Kevin
    19 years ago

If only that were true Destiny, if only.

Yeah Bob, thats actually what i'm striving for with my work, to give a girl a "blinky" just by reading my poems to her...it's getting really close now.

Why just the other day i read my partner a poem and she started moaning...can't be far off now eh?

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Yo i done that method already mate, like with a loudspeaker...it was fun but ultimately disapointing cause i knew it wasn't the timbre of my voice making her squeal...just rough vibrations.

I'll try again when she is about to sneeze...that might work.

• lisa marie
    19 years ago

well this is what i have came too. people only go to poems and rate them 5's and give good comments even if the poem is shit because most people will rate 5's back and give good comments back, even if the poem is again crap.

so inconclusion almost everyone on this site is over rated.

• miss scooby
    19 years ago

ahahahaha

• Kevin
    19 years ago

I'm just gonna sit here watching planes fly over my head.

• FTS Miles
    19 years ago

Damn, Kevin... I completely understand what you're saying. But I wouldn't want a comment like the following:

"Wow...i'm so moved and you're so great and i love your work and oh i think i just orgasmed!!!"

After all, if they only "think" (and don't know) they orgasmed, they probably don't have enough experience in life to be making any worthwhile comment on your poetry. ;)

BTW, enjoy the planes. I hope you're watching from some good Highland vantage and with someone who can appreciate the experience! :)

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

lisa marie, people may have a rating that doesn't reflect their ability, but I think that is a.. uh... 'misrating' as opposed to an 'overrating.' People just don't know what to look for.

• Nookie
    19 years ago

Read my poem "This is You"

There ya go, you read it, you understand EXACTLY how I feel about people being over-rated.

And any moron on this site says that some people are getting fives that shouldn't is officially stupid.

In fact, this goes both ways, JustPlainMe gets low scores on poems not deserving low scores (granted some do) just because he isn't the nicest person here.

If the question is do people vote/comment on your poem depending on what you've done for them, or how nice you are, then the answer is simple..

Yes, that happens on this site, it's happening right now, as you read this.

Nookie.