Is anyone else like this?

• .x.PorteR.x.
    19 years ago

I can sorta relate to it except in my own way... like me and my friend both like this guy and she keeps telling me i have a chance but i keep arguing with her because i think she deserves him and i don't.. and it'll make her happy... which is what she deserves... babbling now...
    xx, PorteR

• Hope
    19 years ago

I think i know how you feel abbey. I've been depressed for a while and whenever something that makes me feel happy happens to me, i just reject it or find something that makes me feel sad again. It is as if i feel safer and secure while being sad. We might have some sort of bipolar mood disorder, triggered by some disastrous event. For me, it was a break up, but i don't know about u???
    Lol, i hope you and i cheer up again. Good luck and take care!!! 8)

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

I know how you feel. Even i have this problem. The solution is to search for the real reason, which is making you depressed. And find a solution for that. In your case, you said it might be the divorce of your parents, which is not in your hands. Then you have to accept the fact and move on. Even i figured out what is fluctuating my mood. But i can't find a solution for it. It’s beyond my power. So, I try to fight with the situation. IF i admit that i am upset then it will drag me into high depression. And that will reflect in my character. So I try something else. I keep myself busy. I find something that i like and push me to do that. And eventually i win over my sadness.

When i am down, I have this tendency to ignore the people i like the most. In time, they will get hurt because there is no reason to ignore them. As my mood swings a lot, I don't let anyone know that i am depressed. More over, i have no guarantee for my gloominess! I may turn normal in a flash second. Only when it is in extremes, I let them know that my mood is not good and i might need some space. I tell it to them politely and take my time to be back to my "happy-go-lucky" nature.

So the solution i could find is to exercise to be happy. Don't let the mood control you. You have to control your emotions. Be an optimist. If you are not, then make optimism a practice. It sounds funny. But it works.

If any body can offer a wise/professional advice, I will be eager to listen!

• Brian Ahn
    19 years ago

its not that we have "problems"
    its that we have experienced it and we "like" it
    we have done something that we like when we are depressed
    but the step to getting depressed is the big one
    i fell in love with a girl
    and i lost her
    i got her back a year later
    and lost her again to the same guy

its not that i want to be depressed
    its that i dont mind it
    if i wanted to get over it
    im sure we all could

its what we are
    its what we do

• Emily
    19 years ago

No your not. i do it all the time. it stinks. but maybe u just need to find something that intrest you. like a sepret hobby. and maybe get a group of friends. or if you don't do sports...try one. i did i live for it, but thats not saying it will work for you. i'm just suggesting try new things. because i know what your going though and its misrable. and look up. you most likely got peole there for you, and that love you.

Always here if you need a hand
    -Emily

• Emily
    19 years ago

(this is a reply to hope's message)

yea thats how i feel to. i feel so much more secure while being depressed...like its fimiler. i don't feel like i deserve anything and shouldn't have half the stuff i get. like i have a awsome boyfriend whom i love very much and he loves me too. but i feel like, i don't deserve him. i think i got this way because of my aunt. she died to a one in a million diese. but we didn't know she had it til her final week. and i remeber when the doctors said she was crazy and there was no way that she could have it. but she did. and i remeber me and her sitting on a swing and i told her she was gonna be all better ( i lied to her, i'll never forgive myself for it). that was the last day i saw her, touched her, kissed her good-bye.before her world came crashing down. i don't know if thats what makes me the way i feel...but i think thats it.

Still here
    -Emily

• Steven
    19 years ago

hey? i feel the same? i use to be with this girl i really love... and in the end she dumped me... and i rejected all her friends away from my life... even when they were once my good close friends... but i rejeceted them out of my life... cause i don't want to get back stabe by them again... and for real? am a unhappy person... ever since my ex-gf left me =/... the world just a painful place when ur broken hearted

• Hope
    19 years ago

Hello Emily.
    Hopefully this might help but If i was in your position, i would have lied too her too. You did what a most compassionate person would have done, supporting those you love till the very end in every positive way. Would you have rather told her that, "you are right, you are going to die!!!"???
    Furthermore, don't blame yourself for what happened and about ur lie. People die everyday in this world, but at the same time, someone special comes into another person(s) life. It's part of being a human being and this world. Nevertheless, above all, the most important part was that YOU were there by ur aunt's side right up till the possible end. If i was ur aunt, i would feel so joyful and proud that someone i love and watched grow through her young life spent my last moments with me. I am sure it would be something she won't forget. Moveover, be thankful that at least you could say goodbye for the very last time 'cause some other ppl lose their loved ones by unforeseeable circumstances.
    You seem to know the source of your misery and the solution to it will in time lie within ur grasp. I am looking for the solution to my problem too. I hope you and i can get back on our feet. Oh and before i go, hang on to your 'awsome' boyfriend 'cause in times like these, it is a relief to know that someone close is there to help you.
    As always, good luck and take!!! 8)

• ♥broken fairytales♥
    19 years ago

I don't think I can relate but maybe you should speak to someone about it because you can't go through life making yourself unhappy all the time

• SweetDreamer
    19 years ago

I can't completely relate, but sometimes I go through phazes where i think something has to go wrong because everythings going so great, cuz most of the time something does eventually spoil the good thing. but i guess a lot of times u should just except a happy thing for a happy thing, and not try to ruin something that's good.