What is "HATE"?

• 2weak2smile
    15 years ago

This is just me ranting, but feel free to comment...

Why do so many poeple waste so much time and energy on "hate"? I mean if you truely "hate" someone why give them the time of day and satisfaction of you thinking about them.....?
    e.g.- You see someonr that you "hate" at the shops, You give them a dirty look or say something smart ass to them. Why waste that 2minutes on them? then waste another 5-10minutes on thinking about what they have done to you or even to a friend.....I dont get it....I dont even really get the feeling of "HATE" I dont think i actually hate anyone, I dislike alot of poeple, but I dont waste any time on them, If I see them its like i dont even know them....I dont waste any thought, energy or time on them, I cant see what the point is.......

What is "HATE" any way ???

• ForbiddenSnowflake
    15 years ago

Hate is different to everyone. I dont "hate" alot of ppl but there are certain ppl that have not treated me right in the past that has now affected the person I am today. When someone makes me feel so low about myself there is no other way I feel towards them but hate. I attempt to give them the benefit of the doubt but if they dont show me the respect I show them then thats it. I dont enjoy hating ppl but sometimes I cant help the way I feel. I also dont enjoy wasting that time on them either but I think you need to in order to get out of your system and move on. I dont know thats just my thoughts.....................

• Mimi Angel
    15 years ago

I totally agree with the Blackangel, the feelings of
    hate exist we can't avoid them but there are degrees to hate someone.
    you don't hate for the sake of it,there must be some good reasons to that.
    when ppl mistreat you, hurt you, bother you, be extremly hateful to you, you can't love them in return impossible if you do you must be an angel!!
    hate is a normal"reaction or response" it's a tool to defend yourself.

• LoreNz0
    15 years ago

I see where you are coming from, but i largly share 2W2S idea about not hating ppl. i can honestly say at this moment in time i dont hate any1. yes bad things have hapnd to me and ppl hav dont bad things to me, but i hate the situation i am in and not who may hav caused it, in addition i hate wht ppl may have done but i dont hate them for it. sounds stupid i know but i think hate is something that will negatively affect you as an individual. i guess an example comes from the bible (im not able to quote) whn for example jesus told god to forgive those who had done bad things to him because of their ignorance. its up to you if you beleive in the bible but the way i see it ther is good and bad in every1 and if ur unluky enough to get the latter in some1 u shouldnt let that lessen urself.

• Lori
    15 years ago

I find hate is an extremely strong word that is used sooo freely. Why hate? Really why?

• Grant Gilbert AKA Slash
    15 years ago

I think when you are a passionate person you are able to love well, hate and like well too. I guess hating is used to easily, i think when you feel like skinning someone alive and then chasing them through thorn bushes for miles on end, would be a reasonable example of dislike in my case

• LoreNz0
    15 years ago

Uhm yeh thanx for that rather grafical description of hate. i am extremely passionate about love, but not about hate so i must disagree somewhat...

• Lori
    15 years ago

^^True

• adriaan
    15 years ago

Hate is a very powerful feeling...and sometimes it really can take over you and make you want to do nothing more than smash someone's head against the wall until their skull splits open and creates a bloody mess upon the floor whereupon you hack them to death with a pickaxe.
    If you've never felt true hate you will not really understand why people do hate. It's not about "wasting time" hating...you might as well ask why people bother "waste their time" falling in love.

Think of it as a force equally strong as love, but in the opposite direction.

• ForbiddenSnowflake
    15 years ago

^^ I totally agree!!!

• LoreNz0
    15 years ago

Very true arisen, in addition i think that as love is something we need in life, hate is something we could all do with living without. so i avoid getting in the frame of mind where i start to hate some1 and thats wht i suggest others attempt. and i no thats much easier said than done.

• Heba
    15 years ago

Well, I think hate is when somebody really wants to destroy you and never wishes you to be fine and live a happy life,I think the person who hates will so happy when he finds youe points of weakness and tries to make you suffer in your life.

• Elizabeth
    15 years ago

"Hate is love tortured by its own hunger."

I really see no point to hate, it's a waste of time & energy. I feel no hate in my body & don't hate anybody.