Haiku Contest~Round One

• Poet on the Piano
    15 years ago

Results Are At The Bottom, Congratulations To You Three!!

RULES:

~It can be two haikus, triplets, whatever suits you.
    ~New or old works
    ~Must be only about nature please.
    ~No Due Date, but when the 10 people all post their poems, I will close this contest and the judging will begin. Please do not post a haiku a week or two from now, I would like this to be pretty quick and flowing..
    ~Only ten people will be able to participate, so please reserve ahead of time.

REWARDS:

FIRST PLACE: 7 comments/rates
    SECOND PLACE: 5 comments/rates
    THIRD PLACE: 3 comments/ rates

Each person posting his/her haiku will receive one comment on their poem.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The top three winners of this first round, will go onto the second contest I post after this one, to compete for the grand prize reward of 17 thorough comments/rates on your poems!!!

Good Luck to All and Take Care!

1. Karan Gods Warrior(Done)
    2. Miss Take (Done)
    3. Forever His Love aka Temps (Done)
    4. Melpomene (Done)
    5. xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex
    6. The Tasteless (Done)
    7. Ashleigh Skye (Done)
    8. sluvious (Done)
    9. Lonely Rider (Done)
    10. simplyfrigid (Done)
    11. Brayn (Done)

• Courageous Dreamer
    15 years ago

Reserve me a spot please. :]
    Thank you.

• Courageous Dreamer
    15 years ago

Tumbling Snowflakes. [Haiku]

Feathery snowflakes tumble
    From wintry filled skies
    Upon frigid tree branches

`I did a reverse Haiku. I hope thats okay.
    & I hope my syllable count is correct!!`

• Melpomene
    15 years ago

Reserve me please.

• Melpomene
    15 years ago

It's an old one, but hopefully it'll be fine.

Porcelain Moon [Haiku]

Upon lost nights sky,
    A porcelain moon shatters,
    Darkness lost its glow.

• Poet on the Piano
    15 years ago

Thank you all for participating so far, they all look wonderful! Anyone more??

• xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex
    15 years ago

---

• Ashleigh Skye
    15 years ago

Here's one

The Winter's Frost

Blanketed by ice,
    the young sapling grows weary,
    crushed before it's time.

• Lonely Rider
    15 years ago

Sunset (Haiku)

On marine water,
    Carroty billows mirrored
    sun crowns horizon

• Teria
    15 years ago

Glistening Silhouette's

Golden seagulls dance,
    trembling from the autumn night
    upon open lakes.

• Poet on the Piano
    15 years ago

Thanks to everyone, all the spaces are filled! This contest will not be closed yet as some poets have not yet posted their haiku's yet. Please post yours as soon as you can, and then this contest will close. Take care...

• Bryan
    15 years ago

Winter's Frost (Haiku) Bradford pears shed thier beautiful leaves, as winter brings upon the frost.

• Courageous Dreamer
    15 years ago

When is this closing..?

• Poet on the Piano
    15 years ago

XTheEcstasyOfSuicidex has not posted her haiku yet, I've messaged her but she hasn't responded. If she doesn't post by tomorrow, I am going to close this contest so the judging can begin, thanks for all the haikus everyone!

• Courageous Dreamer
    15 years ago

I think she was going to enter at first, but then edited her post..

• Poet on the Piano
    15 years ago

Okay, thanks. I'm going to close this now. Merry Christmas to one and all!

Results should be in by Christmas Day...

Don't Forget: The three winners of this contest will go onto Round Two, for a grand prize...

• Poet on the Piano
    15 years ago

Results are in!

First place goes to: Forever His Love aka Temps

Second place goes to: Karan Gods Warrior

Third place goes to: Melpomene

Please post the titles or pm me the titles you would like me to do, thanks...

I will start the comments/rates in a couple of days, and congratulations! I had such a fun time reading all of your haiku's, they were all so beautiful. Thank you all for entering this and have a safe and Merry Christmas!!

Winners: I will start the second round of the Haiku Contest once I get all the comments/rates in, I will try to be as quick as possible...

• Poet on the Piano
    15 years ago

I would not play favoritism at all....I did go back and check the syllabe counts on those three, I didn't see any errors, but if you see one can you please tell me??

• Courageous Dreamer
    15 years ago

I've seen a 7-5-7 done before..

• Ashleigh Skye
    15 years ago

I agree with Bob I looked over the syllable count and Melpomene didnt fit the right amount of syllables. and a reverse syllable count is not a haiku. Congrats to the winners though.

• Courageous Dreamer
    15 years ago

LOL its honestly fine with me if I'm just DQ'd.. but thats up to the contest holder. I guess I didnt know there wasnt a reverse haiku.

• Poet on the Piano
    15 years ago

I'll keep the winners there, I will accept it cause I know that you thought there really was a reverse haiku, and yours still was wonderful, so I understand. Thank you and Congrats!

• Poet on the Piano
    15 years ago

Karan Gods Warrior and Melpomene, I have done your comments/rates. Great work, you both are so talented and I enjoyed each and every poem of yours. Forever His Love aka Temps, I will get to your seven comments as soon as I can..Thanks!

• Poet on the Piano
    15 years ago

Done everyone with your comments/rates, thanks to all for entering!

The three winners: I will post the Round Two of The Haiku Contest tomorrow, and you three will compete for the grand prize, I might change some things, it will still be haiku, but I was thinking to make it more of a challenge, and to narrow it done better, to have a certain nature subject..How does that sound? I'll explain it more tomorrow, in the contest rules...So see you then..

• Melpomene
    15 years ago

"I agree with Bob I looked over the syllable count and Melpomene didnt fit the right amount of syllables."

Does my haiku really not have the right amount of syllables? I've read over it a few times and it looked fine to me.

Thanks also for the win.

• Courageous Dreamer
    15 years ago

Its right.. I think people just count syllables differently is all.

• Ashleigh Skye
    15 years ago

Its alright mel I think that the person above me is right.. cause certain words can have different syllables depending on how you pronounce it I was just a little frustrated when I read it over and saw the numbers were off I forgot that they can be said differently. Congrats I really liked your haiku.