I need TIPS my writing is getting DULL

• Kill The Complex
    19 years ago

hey im 15 ive been writing poems and songs and all that fun stuff for like i dunno 3 years? anyway im starting to find my poems are getting rather dull here's a section from my latest poem

Simple as I am
    The lies around
    Are convincing me there's nothing right there
    Outside only breeze
    Cold that rescues me
    The wound in here
    Is reminding me that I'll be one day
    Just a broken wheel onto your way

yeah pretty dull huh? so if ya could give me some tips that would be GREAT!!

thanks
    keep rockin

Emmerz

• Caleb
    19 years ago

Write what you feel. Don't write just to do it.

• SweetDreamer
    19 years ago

yah, I agree with what caleb said. You should write when you really have something you want to say, or you're feeling something really strongly. When you write just for the sake of making a poem, those poems probably won't reach anyone. and the part of the one of your poems that u put up was actually pretty good. check out some of mine if u have time. :)

• BaybeBlew
    19 years ago

Emmerz, stop posting your poetry in these things. It really looks like a cry for attention.

You posted the same thing a week ago. Why don't you go show them to your friends who think your the 'goddess of poetry'?
    -Blue

• Kill The Complex
    19 years ago

baby blue 1 that wasn't me that posted the other thing and to whoever it was that told me to post my poems on the other forum thinger i have been and NO ONE does anything so i posted it here and i got feed back anyway rhyming isn't really my style that's why i dont use the rhyming dict. and i do write when i feel like i need something to say but it just doesn't turn out right anyway thanks for the tips guys i'm open for anymore if ya got 'em!!

keep rockin

Emmerz

• ♥•oOo Nikki oOo•♥©
    19 years ago

Keep Writing...You Ever Heard Of The Quote "Practice Makes Perfect" Try To Use That In Your Poems As Your Inspiration To Keep On Writing You Haven't Lost Your Talent You Just Need a Break xoxo-Nikki-xoxo

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

So that would imply you are dull then??

WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO BURST EVERYONES FREAKING BUBBLE?!?!? Be happy... take some midol... do something but say something nice for a change!!! Be constructive.

Just my opinion

• SweetDreamer
    19 years ago

completely agree, get that stick out of your a** *JustPlainMe*, and maybe u should try that old, but very true rule *if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!*

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Lol, I must say that you are good at making me laugh, regardless of the negativity lol, thats the up side :)

• SweetDreamer
    19 years ago

Wow, you must be blind! Me telling you to get that stick out of your ass, is actually Very constructive. By you getting that stick out of your ass, people might like you a lot better and you just turn out a little bit better then you might have. On the other hand, you just might want to be that way, and if you do, then great for you... but I don't know how you could think that wasn't constructive:S. lol, anyways...

• SweetDreamer
    19 years ago

Well you know I'm always there to help.:). but hmm... somehow the beating doesn't appeal to me. I don't know why?:S.lol. then again, I think it might be stuck to far up to get out anyway. :(, veryvery sad, :(.

• Gill
    19 years ago

i agree with rachel
    u sound like a loser
    cheers

• !*!Zoe!*!
    19 years ago

Samantha-
    Not the correct post, but I will answer you nonetheless.
    Try "I love you equal" by Logan Brown, or"Always" by Elise.
    Hope these help

xoxZoexox

• Gill
    19 years ago

YOU dont need decency to spell YOU
    i just dont think YOU deserve YOU
    shut up U

• SweetDreamer
    19 years ago

wow, Gill. lol. the anger:@!!!!!! I wouldn't want YOU to be mad at me.:P. lol, talk to YOU later.

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Don't be mad at Plain....i....feel slightly responsible for his actions as....well....i can't believe i'm owning up to this.

I CREATED JUSTPLAINME a year ago today as the new artificially intelligent spellchecker for this website.....unfortunately his programming, or i should say mine, was a little to intelligent, and after 678 hours of spelling corrections his AI developed, much to my amazement, a vitriolic hatred of humanity, which shows itself through the medium of correcting their spelling mistakes.

I am sorry for my part in this, and may God forgive me, even though i don't belive in him and couldn't care less either way.

Kevin "Frankenstien" Murray.

• SweetDreamer
    19 years ago

Hmm..., sorry, that "confession" sounds just a little too Steven Spielburg-esque, and lame. lol, very creative though. Never thought of a "spell-checking, people hating, computer program" before. Keep up the good work! lol.

-Rach

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

lol Love it, Kevin... but whats your punishment for creating such a monster???

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

OK. I am going to do my best impersonation of JustPlainMe:

"you dont "writed" anything.

you may however WRITE something.

twit."

• deedee
    19 years ago

well all i can say is write whatever comes from the heart ex.feelings,emotions,every day situations.

• Steven
    19 years ago

well? write how u feel and how crappy life is haha! sorry that just me? cause i got dumped and it's been like 5 month now? and am still writing sad poems of lost love... hahaha how sad =/