how 2 get good?

• »«¤ß詤»«
    19 years ago

u no who i mean... the poets who hav heaps of gold awards hundreds of poems and high votes and comments but usulaly its cuz they've been on the website a while but what about the others..... dont u notice that most of these poets write about sad things???

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

I kind of do and dont agree with Bob - I mean some poets are great love poets, others great sad, depressing poets, and others are all rounders. Just because you can't step out of your realm doesn't mean your not a great poet, to me it just means your talent is in one particular area...nor does that mean that you cannot become a terrific poet in another topic area just practice and read lots of poetry ....dedicate yourself to improving as a writer and dont take peoples criticism to heart. Would love to check out your work and give you some feedback you can work with!

• Johnny Marlin 2
    19 years ago

The best way to get awards, if that is what u want. Is to read and comment on a lot of poems. If u feel you are a good poet, then all you need to do is get your name out there. Comment on poems, and retunr the favor when someone comments on yours. As for the styles. Write from your heart, as long as it is something you feel strongly about, who cares what category it falls into. I havea little bit of everything, but that is just my style.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Ahhh Bob now I understand the point you were making and you are right!

• Rachele
    19 years ago

bob it totally right i wrote a few sad poem 4 a while then outs no where came 1 love poem and a few friendship yeh twas kool

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

just keep on writing and never stop, read other people's poems and that helps like when i read some really good poems i get like whoa i wanna do that and then i get all these ideas! or when i listen to rap and r &b music i really get ideas cause they flow and ryme with thier music and just keep on practicing like my poems weren't good when i started but now ppl love hem and are like "Whoa" even my teacher loves them hope this hleps!

~lil slam~