New Site Owner

• Dan Bloom
    13 years ago

Looking through all the suggestions I realize how much better this site would be if the suggestions could actually be done. Most things cannot because the owner will not go online. 3 or so years now right? Time for a new owner...

• Italian Stallion
    13 years ago

Janis will not sell the site to anyone, we've already tried in the past. He just isn't interested...

• Good Enough
    13 years ago

Why wont he sell? he is never here so why keep something your not interested in?

• Italian Stallion
    13 years ago

In the long run he is making money he isn't seeing yet since there are so many people interested in buying he has a the opportunity to ask for any price (for anyone to buy the site) really.

• Dan Bloom
    13 years ago

I say all the mods threaten him to leave if he doesn't give admin privileges to anyone else. Just like screenplay writers did a few years ago. Worked like a charm ;) He'd probably respond to a message like that.

• Italian Stallion
    13 years ago

Yes, tried that before, tried deleting his and Dainz account to make him notice (which it did) but he did nothing...

• Italian Stallion
    13 years ago

That's correct Britt, he just reinstated himself and that's about it.

• Kevin
    13 years ago

Yeah, it was me who banned Janis and Dainz from the site, back when i was a mod..lol.

He is clearly raking in the advertisement monies, obviously not a fortune, but more we'd assume than he pays for the upkeep.

The only way he'd sell the site is if all the mods quit and everyone moved to another site with the same options.

You know, website makers can copy an entire site, complete with all content (all your poems and posts) into a new site, with the same options etc. It would cost a bit of money, but I researched it when I was a mod and it's entirely possible.

Best quote I got was £600, to copy the entire site, and set it up with a new leader.

• Good Enough
    13 years ago

I like the idea. if i had the money i would make a site

• Italian Stallion
    13 years ago

Depending on a few minor things, it is totally legal to copy a site.

• Good Enough
    13 years ago

I love this site tand i love the people on this site, but trying to wait for the admins to do something about all the bugs on this site is taking litterally years. ive been a member since 2006. i remember wen everyone would sign in and chat on club discussions now its like people r falling off the face of the earth. i miss being able to be comfortable with sharing my thoughts and having somenone comment on that disagreeing or not. it made me feel like something. we have to do something about this site.

• Good Enough
    13 years ago

And that i shall do :)

• Boy
    13 years ago

So whats the conclusion for this discussion? its mean owner is the same and cannot be change....

• Good Enough
    13 years ago

Fundraiser to build a new site :)

• Tsukuyomi
    13 years ago

I've already tried to contact for ownership, won't happen x-x. And I've been thinking of taking my own team of people to make a new site but you have to think, why would the members of this site switch to a new site where almost nobody knows the management and they'd have to resubmit everything when some people have hundreds of poems? Not many would other than maybe some of the moderator's here and a few of their friends. Its a lot of complicated work. Hopefully I can get a hold of some of my coders and what not to see what they think about a new site. It wouldn't really require enough money to matter other than hosting costs if it is done right and even that isn't much usually.

If we can get at least a third of the active members to agree to transitioning to a new site, I think it'd be worth it.

• Italian Stallion
    13 years ago

I code, and I've thought about it and honestly, I don't see it working out the way you all believe it will. That being said we won't stop you from creating a poetry website, but we will stop you from copying certain aspects of this site.

• Tsukuyomi
    13 years ago

Actually the copyright on this site ran out a while ago. But I wouldn't copy a site like this. I am into newer and better. I have coding experience but I prefer focusing on other things. If I ever get to making a site I wouldn't want it affiliated with a site with a lack of ownership unless I had at least a 2/3rds thing from its moderators so it wouldn't mention it directly anyways. Its not something I plan to do any time soon since graduation is more important than this. If enough people complain I might get around to it though. Just don't see the need for a fully new poetry site at the time being.

• Italian Stallion
    13 years ago

Actually, a website is much like writing online, once it's written it's already copyrighted to a certain extent, you don't need a visual copyright symbol to have it copyrighted, that is just reassurance for the owners.

• Tsukuyomi
    13 years ago

But if it were taken to court, like if Facebook and MySpace went at it and MySpace didn't have any updated stuff it'd be more in favor of Facebook O-o. Though since Facebook is more of a power now, they'd crush MySpace anyways.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    13 years ago

I typed "poems-and-quotes.com" in my browser, the other day, and had little hope for any changes. It is still the same, dying website it was 2 years ago, when I left. But the one thing it does have that no other site ever will is a following that will keep me coming back for more.

Janis sucks, but you guys are awesome ;) You're reason enough to deal with all the glitches.

• Sherry Lynn
    13 years ago

^^^^

Welcome back, Stephen. I hope all is good! I know many of us are glad to see you again!

• Boy
    13 years ago

Whateva guys! i still love this site.

something is better than nothing!! don't expect so much just be happy with this site as it is..

• Narphangu
    12 years ago

Of all the poetry/fiction sites I've been to, PnQ actually has the least glitches. It's generally quite easy to navigate, most links work, and while there are a few glitches, none of them are serious enough to cause any lasting impediments.
    Most of all, the community here, though it isn't always active and has a flair for dramatics, is lasting and interesting. We're a small group, but that's nice because we know each other and know each other's poetry.
    I like it.

...Was Janis online a few days ago? I could've sworn...

• Sherry Lynn
    12 years ago

Yes he was. He was on the 25th of April 2011.... A day to mark on your calendar's!

• Jad
    12 years ago

Haha, he is on at this very moment! :P

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Glad to see Janis has logged back in, hope to see some work done shortly, but only time will tell.

P.S. If be needed I am still willing to do coding for the site. I already PM'ed Janis and will be emailing him as well.

Hope all goes well and I hope to see things accomplished around here finally after such a leave of absence.

• Jad
    12 years ago

I sure hope he plans on doing something. :] That would be great! :]

• Good Enough
    12 years ago

Did anything happen yet?

• Italian Stallion
    12 years ago

Not to my knowledge, no.

• Jad
    12 years ago

Well, darn. :/

• BlueJay
    12 years ago

I love this site, I think it is amazing; but I wouldn't mind if someone created a similar one. I have considered doing so myself, cause I know a little coding, but not enough to fully do so. But I just think, personally, that the ownership is a bit, lacking. I mean that in the most blunt way possible, but it's purely an opinion.