How to Write Sensual and Seduction Poetry for Your Lover

• Robert Gardiner
    13 years ago

(This is an article I found on the net while looking to find a poem of my "Sensual Arousal!!! (Acrostic)" that I have posted here at P&Q. I was searching to see if perhaps I had posted anywhere else and came across this article. i gived it a quick glance and decided to post it at P&Q for others whom might be interested in reading it and picking up some tips. I haven't reallu read the article as yet, but am very familiar with it's subject matter, being as I write such poems fluently. I found the articale at; http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Write-Sensual-and-Seduction-Poetry-for-Your-Lover&id=5926448, ENJOY, I hope it helps those of you looking to write or improve your writing in this area rach your fullest potential.)

How to Write Sensual and Seduction Poetry for Your Lover

Crafting an erotic poem is all about creating a dynamic picture in the mind of the reader. 'To create or recreate a sensual moment'. That's the art of erotic poetry.

It may help to keep a small note book to hand, to write down some keywords and observations over the next few weeks, or until you feel confident to write your first piece. I guarantee that this will help personalize and enhance any future poems that you write for your lover. Read the poem below a couple of times to acclimatize your thinking to the work at hand.

A lovely Lust

Embers casting peach to pink,

Your cream lace satin'd gainst my skin,

We glow and kiss and breath in synch...

tongues dance,

Explore within!

Your neck is offered up to feast,

I kiss... and draw my head to breast,

Through satin, flesh is tasted teased...

while fingers,

Slowly undress.

You grip me tightly in your fist,

I gasp and sigh a hollow moan,

Consumed within a deep red mist...

Passion devours us.

Until dawn.

As dawn doth break we wake and kiss,

The embers now but greying dust,

My memory of all of this...

A hazy dream,

A lovely lust.

The poem above 'A Lovely Lust' was written for a very feminine French lady, she loves satin and silk lingerie, The textures and sensations turn her on well before we are due to meet. She gets into character, like an actress, and will relive our previous rendezvous while she bathes and pampers herself. Lovemaking to her is a romantic evening, sat beside an open fire. The seduction lasts from dinner into the early hours. Foreplay begins with a cheeky text during the day, a kiss on her cheek when we meet, a whisper across the dinner table that she 'looks edible'. She feels like a Princess, the only women in the room.

How do I know all of these details? Because I take time to ask! I show interest and explore her innermost world. The gain from this is twofold..It provides me with fabulous material for my poetry, and serves to seduce her with my attentiveness while we talk. This talk could be anywhere that's private enough to engage, the coffee shop, as we walk together in the street, anywhere where we are spending time together between times.

Opportunities to explore are everywhere. Learn to get out of the bedroom with your intimacy and recognise the different levels of intimacy that you can co-create.

A favourite text that I would send a lover would go something like..'Hey (pet name), I was going through my wardrobe and found some kisses in the pocket of an old suit jacket, you know!, the one I wore for your birthday last year..so I thought I'd send you them to brighten your day xxx' can you imagine what it creates in her mind in that very moment..She knows I was thinking about her (that's a huge plus on my behalf) and she would definitely mentally revisit the birthday meal and all the fun we had, naturally I choose an evening that was full of intimate memories for her to link to.

So..back to the poem..

Embers casting peach to pink, Your cream lace satin'd gainst my skin, We glow and kiss and breath in synch... tongues dance, Explore within!

By now you already know that she loves kissing passionately, French naturally, while my hands caress and explore her gently. She loves to feel like a delicate flower in my arms, and she also loves to have some control over the pace of our playfulness. If things go too fast for her, she lets me know. When she tilts her head and brushes her hair to one side, I recognize this as a sign that she would love me to kiss her neck and take things further. This is captured in the first 2 lines below, notice also that I increase the sensual content by adding the powerful 3rd line.

This is the dramatic 'high' of the verse, I intoxicate her physically, oxytosin is coursing through her body as I mouth her nipples, a lovely distraction from what my hands are doing. Yet the covert nature of my hands 'undoing' is overtly portrayed in the final line.

Your neck is offered up to feast, I kiss... and draw my head to breast, Through satin, flesh is tasted teased... while fingers, Slowly undress.

The devil is in the detail..

Can you feel the softness coming through the words in the poem..like the fire..we glow and are in harmony. Can you see how a picture is being painted with each word and how each word builds a fuller canvas. She reads this and melts because she sees how much I have noticed her, her likes and loves, her essence. As she reads this she will be feeling the sensations flood over her, emotionally and physically lifting her to be entwined in that moment. If you're sat with your lover while she reads, or you read a poem to her..watch her reactions, look for tell tale signs in her body language, if she turns a lovely pink colour, sighs the smallest of sighs, shifts in her seat or blatantly grips your arm in response. She is rewarding you, so acknowledge her reactions, let her know that you 'see her' and are enjoying the experience too.

Poetry has been used to seduce from the beginning of time. Not only do I present observations which I have made, over what may be weeks or months, I have also created a scenario that I know she would love to experience or has experienced before, together.

In this sample poem I have simply created a fabulous fantasy that seems real, why? because I furnished it with her inner and outer world. In her minds' eye she is there, for real, and it wouldn't be unusual for her to physically feel excited as the words wash over her. Her inner world soaks in the words and recreates them on her mental cine screen. Her body feels each touch, each caress, the textures smooth over her skin...she is there...in the moment!

So don't be surprised. No, be prepared! She may want you there and then. Notice that the language is neither crude nor coarse. I am matching my words to her values and standards. If you get this bit wrong you could end up in deep water. All too often guys escalate sexually too quickly. For a woman this can be scary, she senses a danger and may retract altogether.

Always remember that you are walking very close to an edge, you know the risks and rewards involved.
    Out of context the words grip and fist are far from erotic. Don't be scared of using everyday words to express something more. Context is everything and even the simplest of words can create powerful images. In a play this ramping of passion and drama would come at the point of the dramatic arc, almost �¾ through the story. Don't forget you are writing a story, a vignette of your shared intimacy, imaginery or real.

The devil is in the detail..

Now let's look at the 3rd verse. In the previous verses all attention was on turning her on. Accepting as I do, that women take longer to become fully aroused, I make sure that the poem reflects this. It is only when she is overcome by her arousal fully, that I introduce her direct physical attention towards me. Presented simply in two lines, I state what she does to me, and how I react. Notice how the first half of the verse is purely physical and then moves into purely emotional.

You grip me tightly in your fist, I gasp and sigh a hollow moan, Consumed within a deep red mist... Passion devours us. Until dawn.

It is important to be aware of all the senses, and try to include them all within the poem at least once. See how I touch upon sounds and taste, you can almost smell the logs in the fire. Think senses, think 'sensual'. If you know your lover well you will recognise which of her senses are primary.

To learn more about this look up NLP and 'Rep systems'

The language of love is all about rapport and comfort. Comfort is almost a given within a relationship but shouldn't be taken for granted, know her boundaries and take your words to the edge of these boundaries in a playful manner. By encouraging her to explore them in the written word and in the context of a scenario where she feels safe with you, may encourage her to consider more exploration in the future.

Now look at the meaning of rapport: -noun relation; connection, especially harmonious or sympathetic relation:

Rapport is woven into every nuance of the poem and begets more rapport as you demonstrate your connection to her. In simple terms it's a 'win win situation' Can you also see how I have left a lot to her imagination. I establish that we are overcome with passion. The word passion immediately anchors her to your shared experience and again..fans the flame..so to speak! Need I say more! She knows what I mean by this, I have no need to spell it out.

This however may not be the case in your relationship. As I pointed out earlier, you are showing her that she has been 'seen' if she enjoys graphic detail, include it, hint at it, make it a feature and place it between more subtle expressions. This will serve to enhance its impact and spike her mood. The last verse slows the pace right down, leaves her with a warm feeling of being valued and loved.

See how I reflect some of the words from the first verse, the embers now spent, kissing now being something altogether different in context. The heated passion of the night before quietly hinted upon.

As dawn doth break we wake and kiss, The embers now but greying dust, My memory of all of this... A hazy dream, A lovely lust.

The circle of experience is now complete. The poem takes you on a journey, sets the mood and scene, reaches its climax then gently points to the door. She is sated and still reliving the words over and over in her mind, coursing through her body like a caffeine hit. Done well, you will reap the fruits a thousand fold. "He's different", she tells her friends, "He notices things, special things". All because, you paid attention to, and noted those little details.

By fashioning each piece into a beautiful and intimate patchwork of images, you let her know that you care.

Enjoy your crafting, the rewards are plenty!

And remember

The devil is in the detail.

1) Find a muse. You've got to be inspired to write an erotic poem. Your muse can be a lover, ex-lover, future lover or a celebrity. Even a photo or painting can inspire lusty writing.

2) Develop a style. Experiment in the early stages with prose poems, short poems, long poems, explicit poems and subtle poems. You'll discover your own style after writing a few fledgling poems.

3) Read all kinds of poetry. Study Ezra Pound, Shakespeare, Sylvia Plath, even the work of local slam poets. Erotic poetry isn't just about "dirty words." It's all about evoking feelings, and there are many words and styles out there that can express erotic emotions.

4 ) Write and rewrite. Like any other writing genre, erotic poetry requires editing and thoughtful rewrites. Remember, write the first draft with passion, the second draft with logic.

5) Get published. Investigate markets via ERWA (Erotica Readers and Writers Association) and writers' magazines. Consider publishing a poetry chapbook on your own using a printer or print-on-demand publisher.

Resource;
    http://www.ehow.com/print/how_2060848_write-erotic-poem.html

Edit: Hi Robert! I edited out a small section of the article that was a leeeeettle too raunchy for this site. Otherwise, looks pretty good! Thanks for posting these resources!

• climber guy
    12 years ago

"The language of love is all about rapport and comfort. Comfort is almost a given within a relationship but shouldn't be taken for granted, know her boundaries and take your words to the edge of these boundaries in a playful manner."

So true. Also loved the references to people like Ezra Pound. Ezra is an example of many of the things you were talking about in great detail. Poems like "A girl".
    Also thank you so much for using Slam Poetry in your list. Seems like it gets overlooked a lot sometimes maybe not socially since its more accepted but when people write of style and of content and creation it seems to get lost among the great works used as examples.
    Great post enjoyed reading it thank you, very informative without losing the magic.