Why girls are always sad?

• average thoughts
    12 years ago

I dont know, but whenever i like some girl's poem here and when i go through her profile.
    The only thing her profile speaks for her sadnes.
    And its not about every girl, but most of them.

• Dark Secrets
    12 years ago

I don't know, but I think that applies to everyone these days... I mean, just look at the depression rate increase. People in general are not happy with their lives because life goes by so fast and rarely do we have time to tend to ourselves and others... we need affection.

• Jenni
    12 years ago

Well I have to admit if you saw my profile pic and read my poems you would think I'm a sad person too but if you read my bio it says something different. Also when you talk to me, you know how cheerful I usually am, that's why I guess it's important to talk to them to see if they are actually feeling as bad as it seems.

To me it also seems as if people rather write poems to get rid of their sadness and bring it to paper. If someone feels good and happy they prefer sharing that with their family, friends or partner. At least that is what it looks like to me.

• average thoughts
    12 years ago

You are cheerful ,but poems are sad ,how?
    i mean if someone is happy ..why would she write sad poems?
    and it not just about their profile ,,they are sad ,,,few of them are in our club.
    the only thing that i dont like is , they always blame themselves ,not realizing that its not their fault .
    its the fault of the environment ..their surroundings .
    but instead of being strong,they are keep on blaming themselves..

• Beauty In The Breaking
    12 years ago

Good question actually. Going by the pictures I normally have, my bio on here and my poems I guess I'd be counted as another real unhappy girl but outside of here most people know me as being upbeat, laughing and strong, always trying to keep everyone else seeing the bright side.

I think the reason is....the world really isn't a happy place, with how stressful, violent and cruel the world is steadily becoming more of it's harder to be happy but in society we're not really allowed to express our unhappiness and pain, we're just expected to "grow up, deal with it, bury it and get over ourselves". On here...we can write about the emotions we can't otherwise express, it's a form of release of those emotions, at least that's how I view it. I write about my world and how I feel but the emotions I write about are normally the ones there isn't a place in my life where I can express them exactly because I have to be happy and strong if that makes sense. I think that's why there's so many sad, painful and depressed bios and poems here.

• Liquid Grace
    12 years ago

I don't think it has to do with unhappy people/ girls. I think it has to do with how strong of an emotion sadness, anger, heartbreak really is. Most of my inspiration will peek in a sad point in my life. I write as an outlet at that time. Otherwise happiness while I love the feeling completely, it to me isn't as raw of an emotion as sadness is.

Love is another topic that is widely written about both in it's good and tragic aspects. Two emotions that are just so raw so dare I say 'vulnerable'. I just find the words flow so easily when it's about something sad. I really have no clue why exactly this is.

Teens are at a point in their life where emotions are on red alert and a lot of the members of this site are in their teens. They are changing and with that comes drastic mood swings and 'growing up'. Gosh if I was a teen again I'd write novels of poetry, on parents, crushes, 'heartache'(what I thought was heartache), life on a whole.

• average thoughts
    12 years ago

Ya,i totally agree with you..its about swinging of mood..
    But i stil believe that they should think and write positive..
    For example: they write a sad poem but in the end can show that things wil get better and they wil have their piece of sky to fly..So they should never give up..

• Decayed
    12 years ago

Usually, writing poems isn't related to personal lives.
    I mean, if I write a happy poem with butterflies and cotton candy, you wouldn't be enchanted more than reading a poem full with blood, agony, darkness, and fear..

It depends really. Some write just to entertain, or because they know someone has such sad lives and they want to write about it...

This is my opinion.

• average thoughts
    12 years ago

Ya, even me bro.

• Ms Happiness
    12 years ago

I think most of the girls who writes poems r the sad ones, cause ppl with sad emotions can write better poems than the happier ones, so most of the girls who posts poems here r the sad ones that r gd in writing:) to me Im not the person who gets sad easily. Its true I've been sad couple of times, but I think thats not real sadness. And ya I admit that many girls take things seriously even if it was nothin important:)

• BlueJay
    12 years ago

I think that the people or girls on this site that seem unhappy can really be either a mask they can't show in public OR really and truly sad. I think it depends on the person and their age and all the things that have or haven't happened to them. I think that everyone on this site has such a unique indescriabable personality that it is hard to tell why they seem or are sad. Besides poetry is all about expression, and creativity, maybe some are just thinking outside of their own box and writing what they think is the opposite of them. Really there are all kinds of answers and there probably is no right or wrong answer.

• Ms Happiness
    12 years ago

^^^
    Ya I agree with u :)

• Ms Happiness
    12 years ago

^^^
    Ya I agree with u :)

• Britt
    12 years ago

I think it has to do with a release of emotions. Sometimes when I'm super stressed out or upset, I write about it and it helps me feel better. Therapuetic :)

• BurriedFaceDown
    12 years ago

Personally I feel like writing when I'm sad
    not happy
    I have more of a reason to write when I'm upset.

• Lover Boii
    12 years ago

I commented on something else you said in a Discussion Board. I can hopefully shed light on this. Statistics actually show an increase of depression among Americans in such an alarming rate that in a few years they predict twenty percent of the country to be diagnosed with depression or something of the like. It has something to do with the increase in technology and social networking coupled with the idea of having to know what you want to be as an adult when you're in grade school and the independence that all children are experiencing. It doesn't help that people start dating younger and younger these days.

• girl
    12 years ago

I don't think that girls are GENERALLY sad these days I just think the reason all of our poems are sad is because poetry is our way of venting when something bad happens.

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

Nice observation on that..it seems most girls who do potry these days have gone through something tragic in their life e.g break ups, death of a close relation, feeling unwanted, abused or addictions. I think for one to b good at poetry, something has to happen in your life to write about so i dont blame them, as long as they pour out their souls, it keeps them busy from doing somthing stupid.

• HisBlueEyedAngel
    12 years ago

Because we get hurt easy and our way of running away from it all is by writing it down because we don't get judged that way...paper can't talk back to you

• BlueJay
    12 years ago

Did anyone ever think that being sad was just a cover up for some girls? I mean if you are sad and you can get someone to care, then you are getting attention, which could be an ultimate goal for some girls. I'm not saying that's what it is for people on this site, but it is a possibility, isn't it?

• Ms Happiness
    12 years ago

^^ ya I agree with u. I know a girl that shows sadness jst for attention.