Who R the Most Under Rated Poets

• Superior Jackson
    19 years ago

Since I have been posting on this site, I have noticed that many poets have not been getting the recognition they deserve. I have read many fine poems that don't get voted on or commented on and I don't think its right. So what are some of the poems/poets you think are getting cheated.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

I don't know about cheated, but I really enjoy Shojo Hentai's poems.

• »«¤ß詤»«
    19 years ago

i dont think ppl are gettin cheated what do you mean by it? people are ment to subbmit poems for others to enjoy and get feed back if they dont then maybe they should giv others feed back you cant expecr their poem to just sit there more poems come in every second.... they need to giv ppl a reason to read their work. and yeah sumtimes sum stuck up ppl giv low votes 2 good poems but so what if its really a good poem eventually it will get the votes it deserves

• ElegantlyWasted
    19 years ago

Cheated ... No

But what is wrong with being "Under Rated"? - Surely it's beneficial to the point where no one is expecting a pearler of a poem every time.

Votes are merely a gathering of peoples views. A vote doesn't determine a persons "popularity" - And nor should they be any indication of a poems greatness.

;;--I babble to much.

• »«¤ß詤»«
    19 years ago

nicely put kalah

• Superior Jackson
    19 years ago

First, by cheated, I meant the same thing as not getting the proper recognition. Secondly, the voting does matter. If a poet has taken the time to write a wonderful poem, he or she would like some feedback. The voting whether it is high or low, let's the person who wrote the poem know that he/she is doing a good job or they need to improve. Thirdly, a lot of sucky poems on this site have high ratings and I feel that if these poems can get recognition and high praise so can the ones that are way better.

So I still feel that there are people who are getting cheated. That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

That's why I don't take much from the voting system.

It's appreciated and helpful but I know it is more flattering than a real guide.

I'd much prefer Bob Shank's advice, FTS Mile's expertise and JustPlainMe's brutal truth to an uncommented series of 5's.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I agree with Bret.

I would take honest commentary and criticism any day over a 5 or "great write, keep it up!" But both are nice, and no one can say that a 5 or even a comment that only compliments and doesnt have any tips or detailed opinion makes them not feel good, its still nice to know people like your work, even if they cant tell you why.

Some of my favorite people on the site are the ones who will hold my work accountable to higher standards and keep me evolving (Bob Shank, Bogie, JPM, Bret, Kevin, and others). Its those poets who keep me from getting too comftorable and keep me growing and getting better, but the support system is great too. I wont deny that.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

example: JPM said my poetry was like reading a blog post... that speaks volumes in one sentence and I think I've improved since because of it.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

lol. How was your poetry like reading a blog post? Hmmmm

Bob: Thank you, and congradulations on your poem winning this week, its a great piece.

• ElegantlyWasted
    19 years ago

The voting system is just a ROUGH count of those who like your poem,

Comments undoubtly are far more helpful to the writer ... you will never improve by sheer volume or recognition by votes. As i think i've already said.

;;--

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Thank you, I'll note that

T

T

T

T

no D

no D

no D

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

i agree Kalah about cheated no, but underrated thing you said earlier

PLP ~lil slam~

• AGirlWorthFightingFor
    19 years ago

bret, you're making blush here.

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

ya comments are more helpful, but it also depends on the person and what type of poems they like, like if i like sad and depressing poems and i read a love poem, and then a depressing poem, if they are writen with the same flow and emontion i will like the depressing one better cause it's the type i like, get my meaning? or not?
    PLP

~lil slam~

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

hero i like your poems i remember reading some really good ones of yours, and if u notice i wasn't mentioned either and i don't think you have read any of mine either lol so all is fair, in ways, maybe cause i read some of yours and u havn't read mine, idk about this one *thinks, thinks, thinks* still havn't made up my mind, fair or not, that is the ?! PLP

~lil slam~

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

---heros1love--- lol you been said, and by the way i went and read some of your other poems so it's not just because i feel sorry for you it's because i like your poems! bye bye PLP

~lil slam~